*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079976-Speaking
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Personal · #2079976
What do I say and what does it mean?
Lord, I lift Your name on high/Lord, I love to sing Your praises/I'm so glad You're in my life/I'm so glad You came to save us

I just reviewed someone yesterday. I haven't reviewed in months and I'm wondering if I could have been kinder. Some of my comments were brief, even abrupt, and I wonder if that could hurt this writer's feelings. I don't want to hurt anyone, but I want to offer a worthwhile review that tackles high points and concerns both.

My voice. How do I speak to people and what do I say? This question arises each time I speak. Yet, I keep speaking, keep putting my words out there, daring someone to make sense of them. It doesn't always work, but I try, I make the attempt. We all want to be understood; on some level, even the most private of us need the reassurance that someone, somewhere, gets it, gets us.

When I speak, what comes out? What already has a home in me, in my heart, in my spirit, can spill forth. Jealousy, anger, hate, and greed can burst through my lips, leaving pain and destruction in their wake. Do I want to hurt people? Well, sometimes i do. It's foolish and wrong of me, but the urge to prod and provoke someone overcomes my judgment, and I say the wrong thing. Why is it wrong? Because it erodes my self, my inward self, and spreads corruption to me and the hearer. The desire to speak harmful words is a cancer, an evil, malignant thing that I derive no good from. Jesus states that "by their fruit you shall know them." Do I want to offer rotten, diseased fruit to those around me, Or provide that which is fresh and wholesome?

© Copyright 2016 Whiskerfacebythefireplace (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079976-Speaking