*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080192-A-New-Beginning
by Jawhar
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2080192
A fantasy of hope
HE was running. Running faster. Faster than he could have ever imagined. The place was pitch dark. He could not see anything. It was pure black everywhere. But still he was running, with his hands reaching out towards the glimpse of light which went farther and farther away from him. It felt to him like the light was running away from him with a slight smirk of playfulness.

He didn’t know why. But the light went farther and farther away out of his reach. Sweat dripped from his forehead. His strength was fading away bit by bit. He was about to faint. Still he ran to nowhere, In the dark.

He stretched his hands at his best. It was as if his hands were about to tear apart from his body. He was fainting. His hopes were fading away. He looked at the glimpse of the light. He felt like it was frowning. Like it was mocking him.

He fell down. Still stretching his hands towards the light. He couldn’t let it go away. He wanted to get out of the darkness. It was fading away. He struggled and came up to a sitting position. tears started rolling down his cheeks. He cried. He was helpless. He shouted loud.

Finally he stopped. He looked around. Nothing but pitch darkness. the light had disappeared into darkness. He sat there hopelessly. Suddenly, he remembered someone telling him to never give up, to never lose hope. But he couldn’t remember who it was. He remembered to try and fail. And he remembered that finally he will succeed. He felt a surge of strength inside him. He wiped his tears away and stood up.

He started running again without any particular direction. He had a surge of hope inside him. But he didn’t see the glimpse of light. He picked up his fast pace again. He hoped that he will surely catch the light. He ran faster. And what he saw next made his heart jump. He saw the glimpse of light coming near him. Now he was sure that he will catch up to it. The more he believed it, the more nearer it came towards him.

Finally, the glimpse of light stopped several foot away from him. He stopped running and walked towards it. A hint of memory flashed by him. He caught it. Tears trickled down his cheeks. He realized he never listened to anyone and now something that someone told him has become a reality. Tears trickled impeccably. He didn’t wipe it off. when he finally tried to catch the glimpse of light. It expanded and took a spherical shape. Someone was standing there. Stretching his hand towards him gesturing to climb up.

He felt his stomach drop. It wasn’t his dad, his brother or anyone else. It was himself grinning at him. He caught his hand. He was pulled up from the darkness. A handsome guy stood there before him, his face very bright.

“Why?” he asked wiping his tears off.

“That was the path of darkness we traveled. We shouldn’t go back there again We learned a lesson. Never lose hope. Believe. Try. Fail. Success is certain.”

He stood there looking at the sky. But he realized something and smiled. This is a new beginning

We all worry about life, too much that we are even afraid of giving something a try. We are afraid that we will fail. If we don’t believe ourselves, failure is inevitable.
© Copyright 2016 Jawhar (jawhar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080192-A-New-Beginning