*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080313-Emergence
Rated: E · Chapter · None · #2080313
a new era in writing
I find myself once again sitting at a small café table...a new place....well, one that I come to quite often, but have never actually tried to work in. I used to have this little place I travelled to on a daily basis...I loved that place....and have missed it terribly since my friend sold it. twenty years later I still have found no where to work that has felt so comfortable. It is funny how a particular place can make you feel so inspired....it was as if just by walking through the door words just seemed to come to me.... I never even had to try.... I walked in, ordered my usual (a shot in the dark... a cup of Joe, with a shot of espresso....room for cream and tons of sugar).... and headed to the dimly lit back room with my smokes, my java, and my satchel of various notebooks and pens...(you know how we writers carry with us at any given time a vast selection of pens...as we are sure to have specific pens for any particular muse that might strike our fancy. This place is different... there is no dark backroom... cigarette smoking has been long since banned from such places... my homeless friend doesn't sit by the bar playing guitar and singing the blues for his coffee.... and there is no jukebox in the corner hungry for my quarters...but none the less, here I sit...waiting for any words to waltz my way...offering themselves to me like a sacrifice, so that I may snatch them up and string them along in some beautiful arrangement....using them to create some articulate image with... like the artist I used to be. Nonetheless I sit with my assorted pens and wait.... this new place isn't so bad...I will adapt nicely I think. I packed my supplies.... notebook... sketchbook, pens, highlighters, drawing pencils, dictionary, thesaurus, and laptop. There are plenty of distractions here....but none that I cannot tune out...there is overhead music...but none that I will focus on to keep from being productive. only my own mindlessness can prevent me from being an artist today. And I can tell that it is going to be a long day.
© Copyright 2016 Ruby Sue (jenncarver at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080313-Emergence