*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080719-Who-Am-I
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by AKF
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #2080719
Jason Smith awakens as usual only for the day to turn to the weird.
         Who Am I?

         Jason Smith woke up from a comfortable slumber from the usual warm light that bathed his room in a comfortable glow. He sat up straight and rubbed the sleep from his blue eyes and slowly rose to his feet. He walked the ten feet to his bathroom as he did every morning. He checked the green light above to check that the hot water was working and then proceed to take a quick shower.
         Once he finished, he brushed his teeth in the mirror and combed back his brown hair. It was once he really looked at his reflection to check his appearance that something particularly out of the ordinary happened. A small thought had entered his head. One that everyone thinks at least once in their life, usually multiple times. 'Who am I'? The thought was like tiny fragments that explode inside of his head and left him but a shell of himself.
         Despite the agonizing pain, Jason did not move. His eyes were wide and sweat mixed with the warm water that cascaded down his skin. His vision blurred and the world spun out of control. It was as if his body was a plane and his brain a pilot that had lost all control of the plane and started spinning out of control.
         Jason's body acted on its own accord as it turned its back on the red light and sprinted out of the room to the kitchen. The sound of metal as it banged against metal resonated throughout the otherwise silent house as his shaking hands pulled the knife drawer open. He pulled a steak knife from the drawer and held it against his hand with just the slightest of contact. With empty, soulless eyes he quickly slashed the knife against his hands and watched as blood oozed out of his hands like tears. It was as if his blood formed the tears his eyes seemed unable to create. Pain resonated throughout his body; and it was wonderful. It was at that moment that he realized he had felt nothing for so long and the feeling of pain was a euphoric moment. Why had he not questioned himself sooner? Where was he? Those thoughts and more had speed through his mind as he stared at his hand.
         Just like when Jason left the bathroom he had no control over his body as it sprinted to the front door and after attempting to open it found it locked from the outside. He backed up to the end wall and charged the door with his shoulder. He bounced back in pain but did not stop his assault. He through his body into the door again and again reveling in the pain that filled his body as his ribs cracked and his shoulder bruised. He was nothing but a wild animal now. A cornered wild animal.
         The door exploded inward on Jason he fell on his back with the door and two men standing on top of him. The two men were dressed in identical black military armor and had two assault rifles pointing at Jason's face. Jason paid no mind, or perhaps he didn't even recognize what those guns could do anymore, and continued to struggle against the door. He had to get to his feet. He had to get away.
         The man who stood on the front of the door nearest Jason let his rifle hang from his neck as he pulled a pistol from his hip holster and aimed it directly at the head of Jason and quickly pulled the trigger. The world then faded into black.It was with the utmost certainty, that this had been a most unusual day but, unfortunately, not a day of firsts.

© Copyright 2016 AKF (a.k.f at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080719-Who-Am-I