*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2081318-The-Other-Side
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #2081318
A search and rescue team must be sent out to save a boy that enters The Portal by himself.
Prologue

The world was bombed, the people took shelter in an old underground prison. A mirror portal is in the making to save the human race.
The facility is split into sectors. Children ages six to ten are the group Amartia, they are taught in school the very basics of life and survival. People ages eleven to fourteen are in the group Eroes they learn basic combat skills. People ages fifteen to seventeen are split into adaptability groups to focus training on ability and skill. There are three groups in the last age sector. One that focuses on advanced survival skills, Belain. Another that focuses on advanced medical skills, Borfen. The last group focuses on advanced combat skills, Beslyn. There is also a sector for adults that teach the students called Alpha.
Each sector can house 65 people with cellars that hold two or three people each. Older people may choose to stay behind to teach the younger ones, farm, clean and provide for the facility. Once a child is born they are raised until six by their caregivers, then they are taken to school for training.
This has been the system for fifty three years. But not everyone is so excited to see what is on the other side of that portal.
© Copyright 2016 MCOWriting (mcowriting at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2081318-The-Other-Side