*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2081653-The-Rose
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Emotional · #2081653
The spark of love by a simple flower.
In the year 2068, was the year catastrophe struck. Tamara Demetriou had suffered the worst fate of all. She was in her home in Chania when she received the news that her mother and father died in a boating accident. She was distraught by the news. The next day, outside her house, there was a motorcade with the Greek flag, and police surrounding it. She noticed it was an elderly man stepping out of the motorcade. That elderly man was the Prime Minister of Greece, Adriano Demetriou, her grandfather. Tamara went to open the door to greet him with a hug, but instead of greeting her with a hug, Adriano walks in and tells Tamara that she is coming with him to Athens after the funeral. The poor girl did not want to go, she wanted to be left in peace, but knowing her grandfather, she agreed. The day of the funeral was a dark day for Greece. Across the nation, all the flags were at half-staff for the passing of her parents. There a procession to the Cathedral of Chania, following the hearses was the Prime Minister's motorcade. When they reached the cathedral, the Prime Minister, the First Lady of Greece, Isabella Demetriou, and Tamara stepped out of the motorcade and started making their way to the entrance of the cathedral. While walking down the aisle, many people bowed and dropped a flower as of respect for the family of the ones who died. In the front of the aisle stood the French President, Daniel Bellot, the First Lady of France, Odalys Bellot, and their grandson, Rapha Bellot. Daniel and Adriano had been close friends almost their entire life, and Daniel was the Godfather of Tamara's mother. "Adriano, vieil ami, I'm so sorry to hear the loss of your daughter, she's like a daughter to me." Daniel exclaimed. "Efcharist file, thank you." Replied Adriano in tears. Daniel introduced his grandson whom disgracefully drags their family name down the grave. Raphael Bellot was a well-known trouble maker in every major city of France. Due to his aggressive behavior, he almost had his grandfather impeached three times. President Bellot ordered for his grandson to be arrested. A month after his arrest, He was released and sent back to Paris. For the past four years, Raphael had become an alcoholic. Due to this, President Bellot, had prohibited Raphael to leave ys Palace. At the age of twenty-eight, he was slightly sober, and so he was able to restart his life. Now he is able to leave the palace, but for diplomatic or family reasons. After the introduction, Prime Minister Demetiou found it hard to believe because this young man seemed to be a presentable and educated young man. After the funeral and burial, both, the First Family of France and Greece returned to Athens. Once in Athens, the Prime Minister and the French President went to Maximus Megaron, home and office of the Greek Prime Minister. While they discussed diplomatic relations, First Ladies, Isabella Demtriou & Odalys Bellot, and their grandchildren, Tamara and Rapha went out in the city. Tamara and Raphael were not properly introduced until two days later and the State Dinner back at the Palace. Prime Minister Demetriou introduced his granddaughter to President Bellot and his family, like always, he bragged about her intelligence and beauty. When Tamara went to shake hands whit Raphael, her eyes glanced at his and her heart started to pound as if it were to pop out of her and start a dance. "Good Evening, Mademoiselle Demetriou" said Rapha with a dashing smile and kissed her hand. Tamara blushed and smiled back. Just as this happened, music started to fill the room. "Care to dance Mademoiselle?" Raphael nervously asked. "Yes but of course" replied Tamara excitedly. As they danced, Prime Minister Demetriou saw from the corner of his right eye what was going on. He noticed that Tamara's facial expression, he jumped to conclusions and in order to stop it, he decided to "slip" and fell to the ground knocking a table over him. Everything automatically stopped and the dinner ended early for everyone except Tamara and Raphael. They managed to sneak out of the Palace and roamed the streets of Athens. They walked to the beach and sat there talking all night watching the sun rise. Before they knew it, dawn had struck and Tamara had to return, but before her return, she gave Raphael a kiss on the cheek, "Till we meet again." She left a rose and she rushed off.

When Tamara returned to the Mansion, she did not expect to be greeted by her grandparents in the den. "Where in Hell's name have you been?" Yelled Adriano. Tamara shaken, replies, "I was out" Adriano had gone into a rage that not even Isabella had ever seen. It scared Tamara to the point where she started to cry. Isabella went to her side to console her. "Adriano, do not yell at her, it was a simple mistake she made. You make it sound like she committed a crime against our nation." Isabella said to the Prime Minister. "It may as well have been a crime against Greece! It is dangerous for someone like her! She could have been kidnapped! Or even worse, Killed!" exclaimed Adriano. "She is young and she just lost her parent. Her whole life has been completely turned around in just a week. Leave her be!" Isabella yelling at Adriano. He storms out of the room with one of his aides chasing after him trying to catch up. Isabella takes Tamara to her bedroom to freshen up. "Now, my darling angel, tell me what you were up to last night" asked Isabella. "I went around Athens, and then I went to the beach to see the sunrise." Replied Tamara. "Is that all?" Isabella asked, knowing that Tamara is keeping something from her. "I met someone, here, at the dinner." Replied Tamara with a twinkle in her eye. "Is this someone Rapha?" Isabella said with a small smile on her face. "Yes!" Tamara yelled with joy. "But how did you know it was him?" she asked. "I saw you two last night dancing. Your grandfather's accident was on purpose to have you two stop, and I saw you two sneak out." Isabella said. "The only reason why I didn't tell Adriano about it was because I wanted you to have some fun, and to explore a world you have never seen before, and like always, I was right." Isabella added. "Thank you giagi Tamara said while giving her grandmother a hug. After taking a bath and putting comfortable clothes on, she went looking for her grandfather finding him sitting outside with Isabella. "Pappo, I'm sorry for sneaking out last night, I know it was wrong of me to leave without the proper protection. I promise not to do something like this ever again and to always ask your permission." said Tamara with her head down. Adriano looks at Isabella. "Tamara, I am the one who should be apologizing. Your giagitold me everything. I understand that you are young and that you are very confused at the moment, but you shouldn't have snuck out on your own. I just lost a daughter; I do not want to lose a granddaughter within the same week." Adriano said. "I should not have yelled, this is all new to you, I shouldn't expect you to be a proper young lady all the time. You should be able to go out and have an adventure. Next time you want to go out, please come to me or giagi so we can give you the proper protection you need." Added Adriano. "Yes pappo" replied Tamara. Adriano got up from his chair and gave Tamara a warm and loving hug and Isabella couldn't resist and joined in.
© Copyright 2016 Isabel.C (alfa5771 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2081653-The-Rose