*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2081682-GOING-IT-ALONE-AFTER-ROSEANN
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Biographical · #2081682
An Extract from the novella 'After Roseann.' give 100 blogs
link Item 208162 to give 100 blog folder.2080370
Life in our home was not good we were all missing Roseann my grandmother, My aunts we re all squabbling with each other, after returning from mass my aunt asked me to put her coat into the wardrobe in the bedroo, and my other aunt demanded me to put it into the boxroom closet on the landen, and another mighty row began . But it was our way of grieving a much missed mother and beloved grandmother. Roseann raised my brother and I when our parents died in the early forties with the out break of TB. My brother worked in Glasgow and met a girl and left home. We managed to over come our quarrelling but it wasn't the same home without my grandmother until one day Cathie my youngest aunt came home with a girl from the factory and announced she was going to live with us. She moved in a few days later, and she was a breath of fresh air t the home.

Siobhan was a good cook and she baked on a Sunday, we were no bakers, Cathie bought a packet of Mary Bakers cake mix some Sundays but most of the time our cakes were from bakery van which stopped outside in the street. Things changed and once again we had a smile on our faces.
© Copyright 2016 Mary Ann MCPhedran (cookson2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2081682-GOING-IT-ALONE-AFTER-ROSEANN