*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2083204-Room-102
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2083204
Two lovers are separated waiting to see each other again to keep their promise.
         If you do not know me you soon will. I am death, I come to dieing people and take them away. But sometimes I observe them and figure out what kind of person they were and what they're going to leave behind. Usually people reget things or are content with their lives. Thats what attracted me to Ashley Owens.
         As I sat in the uncomfortable hospital chair, I watched Ashley Owens live her final moments. She wasn't regretful or content she was simply waiting. She silently looked out the window without anxiety or fear but painfully waiting for her fiance to come back from the war. For the short time I was with Ashley Owens I learned that she never broke any of her promises and she promised her one and only that she would see him again.
         As the days dragged on, Ashley never showed a single shred of doubt; instead, she kept an eye on the window. Then as the sun disappeared in the mountains, Ashley's eyes lit up when she saw her loyal Christopher Le pull into the empty hospital parking lot. He sprints out of the car and into the building. Ashley sighs with a big smile on her face. Almost as if a big weight was lifted off of her.
         Christopher entered the room with a smile that matches Ashley's. He maked his way over to her bed and sat next to her. Ashley looked up and slowly whispered "Told you I would see you again." At that moment, Ashley let go and I calmly walked over and picked her up. The loving fiance finds a letter her gentle hands. He picked it up and smiled. Planting a kiss on her he tearly said "Goodbye."

© Copyright 2016 Hardcore Simmer (rdavis10242 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2083204-Room-102