*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2083217-An-Elven-Life
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2083217
... Fantasy.... Fun....
I woke up with a welcoming ray of sunshine on my face, ah, what a fine morning! Then, I remembered, today was the going to be the best day ever, my twin and I, were going to officially become the royal princesses. Our kingdom is elvish and today we are turning thirteen! My father and mother are the King and Queen of our kingdom.

"Knock, knock! May I come in, Princess Sofia?" My maid, Theresa called, through the door.

"Sure!" I called back.

"Today is such a big day! Aren't you excited?" Theresa gushed, while pulling out my dress full of diamonds and sparkles. My dress was so beautiful, it probably is the best dress in the whole world (speaking of all the kingdoms).

"Yep, I sure am!" I danced around my room twirling and shouting.

Both Sapphire, who is my twin and I have sparkling, midnight blue dresses and they are exactly the same, since we are identical twins. We have brown hair with streaks of blonde in them (we did not dye them, they are natural) with hazel eyes and we are about 5½ feet tall.

Theresa said, "Come look in the mirror, Princess Sofia," Snapping me out of my daydreams.

Looking in the mirror, I let out a small gasp, okay, maybe it wasn't a small gasp. The girl staring back at me in the mirror was so gorgeous, she looked nothing like me! Most of my hair was up in a bun and the rest were flowing freely down my back like a waterfall. Especially with all the pretty flowers like irises, blue orchids, hyacinths, shrubs, hydrangeas, perennials, and columbines in my hair, I looked completely altered. Did I forget to mention that I also know magic? I quickly cast a spell to make some of those flowers float around me, but always staying with me.

"Perfect!" Theresa whispered, as if she spoke louder, she would ruin my perfect image.

I happily pranced around my room before heading off to Sapphire's room.

© Copyright 2016 Rosy Fluff (rosyfluff2468 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2083217-An-Elven-Life