*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2083940-Our-Family
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #2083940
The story of how one pet turns into one big happy family.
What a story I have for you.Doug was a truck driver when I met him and he was trying to raise two kids by himself {a ten year old girl and an 8 year old boy}.. Their dog had disappeared sometime before that and we decided to get them another one. A friend had given Jeremiah a Miniature Doberman.that he had named Lil Bit We started out looking for one pet for our kids and we ended up with two miniature Dobermans. Our son got Lil Bit and the daughter, Kala got the little girl named Coco.also a min pin, They were both tiny black and tan maybe a foot tall each, good dogs.but they were trouble from the beginning. Bit , could climb a six foot fence and Coco was the worst for sneaking out of the house.we ended up with six puppies because of that but we managed to find good homes for them. Then we got our little grandson and we got him a little bulldog for him and they were good with each other but they got tired of each other so that made three. Then my daughter had a little dog she needed to find a home for so because Doug thought he was so cute we took him too. He is a miniature Jack Russell Terrier . A few weeks later we found out she had another chihuahua. .So we ended up with the five dogs. Now we are older and so are they. We all grew old together so guess we will try to hold on and die together now. But, I got to add a line here cause a few days ago our oldest dog, Coco was ran over by someone coming to visit us.But you got to admit it sure made a good story didn't it?
© Copyright 2016 Mamaw Elaine (elainehelton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2083940-Our-Family