*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2085856-Welcome-To-The-Upper-Eastside
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #2085856
A tale of revenge and friendship
Donna's finger grazed the pink button tentatively before settling on the green one. She turned her head towards the stage where Jordan was announcing Aston Colt to the stage. The image of Aston campaigning and working to make the world a better place was replaced with her body intertwined with Jordan's husband. A small smile passed over Jordan's lips, "This is the type of person that Aston Colt is. To your face, she is your friend but behind your back, her legs are in the air for married men."
Aston crossed the stage, tears in her eyes. "Jordan, you have to know that I would never..."

"Save it for someone who is going to believe you. There's a ton more footage where this came from. I can have it all released if you would like, but I think this is enough to kill your political career."

The audience booed. Jordan pushed her long, jet black hair back. Her emerald ring caught the light and shined brightly.
Aston's voice shook as the tears streamed down her face, "You don't understand. You just handed the election to Liz and now everything we've worked so hard for is going to be for nothing."


"You should have thought about that before you decided to run your campaign on a family values platform. Though because of your concern, I will announce now that I am running for the State Senate seat." She dropped the mic, and sauntered of the stage as the crowd once again exploded into a frenzy of conversation.

"Jordan, you have no idea what you're doing." Sara grabbed her shoulder, and spun her around. "There is no way that you can defeat Liz."

"Sara, next time you decide to touch me, please wash your filthy hands. And you of all people know that I get what I want." Sara recoiled at her words. When Jordan first moved to NYC's wealthiest neighborhood, the two had butted heads. "And if you know what's good for you, then you'll publicly support me. Or else your secret little surgery will come to light and you'll lose everything."

"How can I flip flop like that? Everyone knows that I am, was Aston's campaign manager. There is no way that people would buy that I would ditch her and support you."

"Figure it out or this lifestyle goes away. You'll be back to folding shirts at Wal-Mart by the time that I'm done with you." Sara touched her stiff, blonde hair and sucked in a deep breath. "There will be no divorce settlement from Miles. He'll walk away from this scot-free."

"You won't get away with this. Running over people to win won't work. Especially since everyone knows that you're literally married to the mob."

"I have it all taken care of." Jordan sneered at her frenemy. She waved Sara off with another glance at the emerald. A sincere smile crossed her face when she saw Taylor Thompson. "Hey, you will not believe what's been going on since you've been gone."

"You mean like you finally exposing Aston's affair? Or you blackmailing Sara? Which I still want to know what you have on her by the way. She turned as white as The Hampton's Memorial Day Party."

Jordan laughed loudly. "I'll tell you about it later. Right now, I want you to tell me all about Europe. You left a married lady and came back a widow."

"He had a heart attack. It was very sudden and the paramedics did everything they could to resuscitate him." Taylor sighed softly. Every time she had to retell the story, she felt herself detaching a little more from it. "We were going to divorce when we got back to the States anyways."

"Wait, what?"

"He couldn't handle that I made more money than he did. Once my show was picked up for another two seasons, it was only a matter of time before he took off."

"Did you..."

"No, as much as I thought about killing him. It was all natural causes, and there is more than enough corroborating evidence."

"You do know who my husband is, right? He has more people killed in a day by 'natural causes' than the hospital can handle."

"Speaking of. How in the world are you going to deal with him when he finds out what you did?" The women stopped at a cafe and seated themselves. "This won't go over very well. He has a vengeful streak as long as Gene Simmons tongue."

"I was hoping that I could stay with you tonight."

"Of course. What do you have planned?" The waiter brought them a bottle of champagne and filled both of their flutes. After he left, "And please don't tell me that you don't have anything planned because I know you."

"Well actually," Jordan smiled, as she lifted the glass to her lips. "He's going to be arrested tonight. I have turned over all of the evidence I have against him to the feds."

"That's cold. I love it."

"What's more is that he won't find out who the star witness against him is. Well that is until I tell him, after I've seized everything of his." Taylor lifted her glass to salute her friend. "And I'll be taking his place at the head of the mob."

"What about running for the Senate? How does that factor into your master plan?"

"Well see no one will suspect me, since I'm the one who started the whole process."

"Has anyone ever told you that you're an evil genius?"

"Sam did once. Or as you know him, Sara."

"Wait, are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Yes, I am. When we had our little war when I first moved here, I found out. Now I'm just waiting to set off that little bomb.
And trust me the explosion will be worth it."


Jordan and Taylor sat talking about everything that had happened. Both of them had learned a lesson.

Sometimes mistakes aren't really mistakes at all.


© Copyright 2016 Author Ed Anderson (spaz11081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2085856-Welcome-To-The-Upper-Eastside