*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2085903-The-Wild-Sunday-Morning
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing · #2085903
One Sunday morning, the children would not settle down.
The rambunctious young ones ran about the room. I tried to wrangle them in as swiftly as I could but their little feet were too much for one person to handle.

"I need reinforcements." I mutter as I lean over and breathe heavily. I get an idea as I see Bailey walk in with a smirk on his face.

"Hey Soph. Need help?" he quips and looks around the room and then back towards me.

"That'd be great thanks. Service is about to start and they won't settle down. I don't know what to do.

"Let’s play a game!" Bailey announces to the room getting the attention of the little ones. "Everybody line up shoulder to shoulder. We're going to have a race! Whoever gets to the circle first will win a prize. Everyone ready?" All heads shake and bob as I look down the very dysfunctional line of children and then all of a sudden, a little hand pops up and waves through the air. I walk over and squat down to look Levi in the eye.

"Wha-what is the prize?" he stutters as he sways back and forth. He looks from me to Bailey and back to me, wide-eyed.

"I will bring it next week for the winner. It's a surprise but it'll be really good, I promise. Okay?" Levi smiles in response and stands back in line. "Anybody else have any questions? Bailey backs out of the way. "Aaaand, GO!" The little humans scamper across the room to hurriedly find a place to sit.

"I've got to admit, I'm impressed at how well that worked." I nod as I walk past him and head towards the oval of kids.

"Why thank you and now we can actually start today's lesson. Aren't you glad I came along?" he adds.
© Copyright 2016 writer-wannabe (sophiadc01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2085903-The-Wild-Sunday-Morning