*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2086547-The-Murder-of-Sharon-Hunter
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #2086547
What story will Rodney Armstrong uncover when he takes on the mob?
The Murder of Sharon Hunter

Rodney Armstrong is a private detective by trade, a boxer by passion and a screenwriter by desire. Rodney has a small office in New York and takes on cases that peak his interest. Just enough to pay the bills. The rest of the time he spends in front of his computer typing out screenplays that he thinks are a sure fire hit. As if the turndowns are not harsh enough on him he also goes to the gym daily for his workouts and a boxing match that he usually loses.

As our story opens, Rodney is in his office. The office is dingy and dark. The only window faces an alley and another building of brick and mortar. Suddenly his office door opens and as Rodney looks up in walks Sharon Hunter.

Sharon Hunter is probably the most beautiful woman that Rodney has ever seen. Talk about lighting up a room, PG&E should tap into her beauty. They could light up the whole state. She approaches Rodney's desk and with great distress in her voice she says:

"My name is Sharon Hunter and I need to hire you to find my ex-husband. He owes me several months of back alimony and I do not know how I can pay my bills any longer unless I get the money he owes me."

Rodney notices that tears filled this exquisite woman's eyes. Just short of brimming over and streaming down her cheeks she is able to stay them.

Rodney tries his best to be gentle and asks Miss Hunter: "Well how much money are we talking about?" "Do you know where I would begin to look for him?" "Can you give me a little more information about him?"

"Oh, where are my manners, please sit, sit here." Rodney throws a stack of papers off the chair onto the floor.

Sharon, still looking like a deer in the headlights, answers Rodney's questions, "His name is Johnny Hunter. He works for an ad agency in Manhattan."

"Wait a second, " Rodney asks, "The Johnny Hunter? Nick Hunter's son?" The excitement begins to stir in Rodney's veins. This would be an exceptional case and he could even document it for a screenplay.

Nick Hunter happens to be one of the biggest crime bosses that New York has ever had. There is very little money or cocaine that comes into the city that the Hunters are not involved in. Rodney is beginning to understand this woman's fear a little more. No one goes after a Hunter.
© Copyright 2016 debbymay56 (debbymay56 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2086547-The-Murder-of-Sharon-Hunter