*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2087264-Journal-of-a-High-School-Junior
by Hazard
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2087264
Story of a high school boy who finally finds love and hope
Journal of a High School Junior
September 15th, 2014
They say that highschool is supposed to be the best years of your life, but I’m half way through it and it seems like hell so far. This is supposed to be the time when you find all these great friends who last a lifetime, fall in love, and live your life as if every day were your last. Nothing is supposed to matter to us. Maybe I’m just different, I don’t know, but I really miss the way things use to be. Back when we were little kids playing around. That girl down the block was just a friend, not a crush, and you two would sit in your tree house and talk. You’d talk about becoming astronauts and flying to Mars, about all the different types of pets you wanted to own like a dog and a zebra; and she always brought up getting married and moving to Sea World. Now she’s older and wearing make-up, she’s walking down the hall and it kills you to see her holding another boy's hand. Everyone says, “high school will be the best four years of your life,”. At this point I find that very hard to believe.

September 20th, 2014
There is a new girl in my math class and because the only open seat was next to me that’s where she sits. She’s really pretty. She moved down here from Chicago; she still has the accent, too. Her name is Isabell; there is something about her that I just can’t explain. I’ll have to get back to you on that. Hopefully she isn’t like the other kids, no one really talks to me. She seems different, like she doesn’t want to be like everyone else.

October 1st, 2014
Isabell talked to me in math class today. She asked me what song I was listening to so I told her, “ Amen by Bon Jovi;” it’s my favorite song right now. She told me I should go listen to some song called “Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley.” So at lunch I went to the back of the lunchroom like I always do, sat alone just like always and put my headphones in. The song is absolutely amazing; it made me cry and smile. Tomorrow in class I’m gonna give her a couple songs to listen to since her song made me smile for the first time in a while.

October 10th, 2014
Me and Izzy (that's what she told me her friends call her) have been talking a lot lately! She calls me every night to talk about the math homework but most of the time we talk about music not math. She has amazing taste; she told me to listen to “Thunder Road” by Bruce Springsteen. It’s beautiful, just like her. I love it, and every time I listen to it, I think of her. I finally have a real friend in school! All through Freshman and Sophomore year I was the weird kid who no one really talked to; it took me till Junior year, but Ifinally have a real friend and it feels great.

October 20th 2014
Izzy invited me over to her house for Halloween. I know it’s still like two weeks out but I’m actually excited. This is going to be the first time we’ve ever hung out other than in school. Plus, it’s a Friday night so I can stay out late. I’m really excited as cheesy as it sounds. She said we’re gonna watch all these scary movies. Usually she hates them, but since it’s Halloween she is gonna venture out. I LOVE scary movies so she asked me to give her a list of the 5 best scary movies and she would pick some. This is what I came up with:
The Exorcist
Silence of the Lambs
Psycho
The Shining
Children of the Corn
Hopefully she likes them.
November 1st, 2014
I know it’s been awhile since I wrote here in my journal but nothing really all that important happened. I just went through school as I normally do. Last night however was AMAZING, we watched “The Shining” and “The Exorcist.” after that we went out and scared her little brother and his friends. They went inside at like 11 though and we weren’t tired yet so we went to the park and hung out. We sat there in the dark playing on the swings and the slide, we just talked and it was absolutely amazing. I’ve never had that much fun just talking to someone. We layed in the grass and stared at the stars, talking about the future and everything we want to do with our lives. She told me how she wants to be a scientist and find the cure for cancer. Rather embarrassed I told her how I want to join the Peace Corps and become a history teacher. I asked her why she wanted to be a scientist and she told me how her mom got really sick when she was little.
Her mom ended up dying when Izzy was 10 and it devastated her. Ryan (her brother) was only 6. I started crying when she told me how she wants to find a cure to breast cancer since that is what her mother died of. When we were sitting there talking she told me how back in Chicago she didn’t have many friends and she didn’t have anyone she could talk to about stuff. Izzy told me how happy she is that we met and how she’s really happy to finally have someone to talk to,then she leaned in and kissed me! She’s the first girl I’ve ever kissed, I think I’m gonna ask her out soon. Hopefully she says yes.

November 10th, 2014
I asked Izzy out a few days ago and tonight is our first date! I’m really excited, we are gonna go out to dinner at her favorite restaurant and then go see a movie. I met her family the other night, they are really nice and sweet. They all seem to really miss her mom though, everyone says Izzy is just like her so i bet she was really sweet and caring. I really like Izzy, she’s so insanely wonderful. I think she likes me too which is insane because I started off this school year the same way I started off every year, as the loner kid no one wanted to talk to. But now I’m really happy! They say that High School is the best four years of your life, I finally understand why.
© Copyright 2016 Hazard (dhazard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2087264-Journal-of-a-High-School-Junior