*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2087636-Aidens-Mammoth
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2087636
A young gamer falls into his games.
Aiden was a small seven year old with brown hair and eyes,he was quiet and loved to play his games on his tablet. He was a loner that was so into his games that he lost his connection to the real world.He had two tablets one to plug up while he played the other one.One day he was very tired and he started playing his new game "Ice Age" on one while the other charged. He played till he was so tired he was dozing off between plays. He yawned and was having to force himself to stay awake. Suddenly he jerked awake and sat up. He was in a wooded area and there were icy winds blowing around him. He got up and pulled a bag of M&Ms out of his pocket. He walked as he ate. He looked for his tablets but could find neither of them. He looked every where and found nothing he kept wondering where he was and how he got there. Just as he gave up looking and was going to sit to rest his mind hit bottom cause he saw a huge hairy beast hiding in the trees.


He sneaked closer tiptoeing up to the beast.He saw that he only came to it's knees. He looked up into it's huge furry face.It had the softest, wettest looking eyes he had ever seen. There was water leaking from the corners of it's eyes. Aiden suddenly realized it was crying it was tears in it's eyes, that's why it's eyes were so soft and wet looking. He reached one small hand up to gently pet it's face, it lowered it's face to his hand and talked to it in a soft voice, saying nonsense to it like "Don't worry I won't hurt you," and "Your such a good boy." like his mother said to him when he had a boo-boo. Finally he saw the problem. It was limping on it's back left leg. Aiden crept close to it's back foot and he saw the huge thorn stuck in the pad of it's toe. He petted and talked to it some more and quietly took hold of the thorn and jerked it out. He tore the sleeve from his white t-shirt and poured clean water from his water bottle hanging from his belt loop. He wiped the toe and wet the sleeve again and wrapped it around the poor creatures toe.

The huge animal grabbed him up with it's trunk and set him on it's back and ran around the woods with him giggling and holding on for dear life. They were friends from then on but the boy was stuck there in the game. They stayed in a cave by the river. Aiden decorated it with drawings on the walls with paint made from berries and mud. They lived "HAPPILY EVER AFTER "
© Copyright 2016 Mamaw Elaine (elainehelton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2087636-Aidens-Mammoth