*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2088220-Going-Home
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2088220
Three Minute Read
Going Home

“We need to head west,” said Trixie, looking at the map.

“How do you know what’s west?” Fran asked.

“The sun, see that sun on the edge there…”

“How do you know it’s not coming up? The sun comes up in the east.”

“That stupid Chet doesn’t know a thing about making maps… how about the hill is that supposed to be a hill?” Trixie pointed to the map again.

“Yeah… it does look kinda like a hill, there’s a hill over there… is there an oak tree on the map?”

“There’s trees but it doesn’t say what kind, one does look bigger. Let’s try it.” Trixie tucked the map back in its hiding place. The two aimed at the hill with the big oak tree.

On the other side of the hill was the farm. Janice and her father stood in front of the porch with Chet.

“There they are! You were right Dad; they did find their way home.”

Dad smiled and started off to meet them.

“How did you know they would?”

“Well, the saying ‘Wait till the cows come home,’ had to come from something.

Chet, the horse, just snorted.
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2088220-Going-Home