*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089204-MR-NIGHTMARE
by Nevaea
Rated: GC · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2089204
A night stalking cold killer
It was a cold winter afternoon. I was on my way home from work when I heard some static on my radio. Like any other pissed tired person I fixed it the only way I knew how by smacking the living shit out of it. It then changed to an emergency broadcast of an escaped asylum victim in the city limit area. (Just my luck) said Andrew. So like any other concerned individual I went home locked all the doors and then proceeded to close all the window shutters. As I approached the last window I noticed a strange older gentleman outside my back yard that fit the discription. As I looked closer he had grey hair a faint smile showing his scraggly teeth and his eyes seemed to be looking straight at me. But the one thing that set him apart from any old homeless drifter was the fact that he was wearing a white gown with blood caked on his hands and feet. As I turned and grab the phone to call the sheriff I heard a voice in my head saying I wouldn't do that if I was you. I stopped and thought to myself for a moment. I felt like I was going crazy or like something was trying to take over my body I just felt like I was getting possessed by an evil demon or something. I put down the phone and looked out the window again and noticed that the man wasn't there, I walked over to the window and there was no footprints in the snow at all. As Andrew kept staring outside he realized the reflection in the window was his own he seen. He ran to his desk and grabbed a letter opener and ran to the bathroom locked the door and stood there looking at himself in the mirror hanging on the back of the door, all he could do was freak out after he came to realize that the man he seen outside was him caked in blood. Andrew hit the wall screaming and yelling at his own reflection in the mirror asking himself what in the hell is going on! what the hell is wrong with me!. As Andrew stopped and stared at himself in the mirror more he started to see a slightly canvas face show as it appeared to be looking back at him all he could see was an evil smile glancing back at him and hear evil voices in his head. Andrew felt the power of the demon working on his body as he fell to his knees and placed the sharp end of the letter opener in his hand and squeeze hard and tight making the pain unbearable that he couldn't find the strength to scream. As Andrew continued to squeeze he heard to demon in his head telling him to tell all the people that innocent has returned..... Andrew sat on the floor as he tried to gather his thoughts up he opened his hand to see the damage done but there was no evidence of a cut, not the slightest but instead he found a small burn in the center of his hand. Whats happening to me he sighs with tears. As Andrew got up he goes out and grabs the phone to call the sheriff as he waited while the phone kept ringing Andrew looked outside and seen the man appear again, as the phone kept ringing he heard the sheriff pick up and Andrew was shaken up and scared to talk but he told the sheriff to send over a cruiser ASAP he yelled with an angry voice and hung up the phone. As the sheriff pulled into his driveway he got out and looked around, everything seemed to be ok so he continued to go up to the door and rang the doorbell and waited. Andrew opens the door as he still had on the white gown and still caked in blood he tells the sheriff that he seen the escaped asylum he is outside in the back yard behind trees he keeps looking in at me through the window in my livingroom. The sheriff pulls out his gun and starts asking Andrew questions, why is he wearing a white gown and covered in blood. Andrew replied to him and told him he just got off of work I just never had time to change my clothes. I'm a Otopsy doctor. Andrew kept talking and rambling on to the sheriff, telling him that he wants him dead thats why he's here it's why he won't leave he is haunting me or maybe I'm haunting him I don't know he kept trying to hold himself together but the sheriff wasn't falling for his story but he went outside and had a look around anyways, the sheriff didn't see anything, as he continued to turn around to come back in the sheriff happened to see a pair of beaming eyes from behind a tree glancing at him. He walks over slowly as Andrew starts to head out with the letter opener still in his hand, he sneaks up behind the sheriff and starts stabbing him over and over yelling THE DAWN IS MY ENEMY!!!. Andrew starts to feel his body being completly taken over by the demon. He goes and gets in the sheriffs car and drives around town. The streets of every town were deserted and filled with rotting corpeses. Bodies hung from street lights, blood smeared the walls of every building. The sky was blood red and the clouds was black as night. He seen all the windows boarded up and the doors nailed shut. Andrew chuckled at the hanging bodies and the entrails of people dragged across the pavement because he knew that he had caused everything here. He was admirring his piece of precious art. He liked what he had did to such an innocent town, driving them mad and slowly killing them, but not for amusement not for torture, but simply for the spread of fear. He loved to slowly drive the towns people in sane. Andrew continued to listen to the voice in his head as he felt like they were a working team. Andrew seen a house with lights on, he pulls over and gets out walking up to the house as he kicked opened the door and saw a man laying on the floor looking up at him with a look of fear on his face. He grabbed the man's head and showed his true self. The real killer came out of Andrews body, he was dressed in a red dress-shirt,black slacks, a black vest and he wore a burlap sack on his head with several stitches and holes. He put the letter opener up to the man's thoat and slowly began to carve in his name as he told the man with a evil voice as he continued to giggle, "YOU CAN CALL ME MR. MIGHTMARE" as said to the man, and when you see your friends and family that I so viciously murdered ... them them I'm BACK. I will be watching you so don't be a fool and do anything stupid or you will be my next victim too, but for right now I will let you be one of the lucky ones to live in fear as I continue to haunt you everyday and everynight.




© Copyright 2016 Nevaea (nevaea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089204-MR-NIGHTMARE