*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089273-Death-is-my-BFF---Book-1-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Death · #2089273
The legendary Angel of Death is in for a rude awakening and finds that he's met his match.
Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to tell you that there is someone a lot more terrifying than the Kardashian's when they're angry.

Death.

That's right, death is personified in this particular story. The Angel of Death. You've heard of him, right? Hint: He wore a black cloak and carried a scythe.

Buckle up your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

The first day I met Death, I was dying. (Shocker.) He wasn't the type of person you forgot easily, but it definitely wasn't because of his charm.

Death was a big bully.
I'm talking, 'pushing-humans-in-front-of-moving-buses-because-they-can't-see-him-and-it's-entertaining-for-him', bullying. Ever since he became a Fallen, Death made everyone who crossed his path a. indebted to him..., b. quake in fear, c. run the other way, or d. all of the above.

Sometimes when he was bored or wanted to get his way with something, he tortured his victims with their own fears until he won. Other times, he tortured humans just for kicks and giggles because he hated the human species. (I've seen it myself. He really does kick them and giggle.)

Fallen are really twisted like that.

What's that? You don't know what Fallen are?

They're evil angels.

Death was actually a good angel at one point. Actually, he was the best. Second best, if you want to include the whole 'Lucifer, God's favorite, trying to steal God's power and falling from heaven', dilemma. Death fell from heaven a long time ago for being exceptionally naughty. Unfortunately for him, he not only got his wings painfully ripped off and was damned to live amongst the humans, but he was also cursed pretty badly. He now had to eat souls and distribute them to heaven or hell in order to survive, and if he didn't, he would slowly and painfully begin to deteriorate in the human realm until his body pathetically mummified. He would still be alive, just immobile and helpless.

Ah, the perks of being immortal and evil!

The guy rarely got a slap with a ruler from the big, old, original angels up in the puffy clouds, aka, the Elders. If Death got his job done-- collecting souls and distributing them to heaven or hell-- and didn't do anything too crazy, like start another Black Plague-- he would never be penalized by the Elder's for anything he did in-between jobs.

I know. Talk about a corrupt system and bad parenting on the Elders part.

As I said before, this Fallen isn't the type of person you easily forget, and it's not because he's charming. Perhaps you will further understand my hatred towards him once you come to realize that the "Angel" part of his title is complete BS. Sure, Death's started to cut back on the number of people as he kills for fun, but he's rotten on the inside out. He's always gotten what he wanted, too, as soon as he wanted it, no matter who or what he had to kill in his way. And he had been that way for years and years...and, well, years.
© Copyright 2016 Katarina E. Tonks (katrocks247 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089273-Death-is-my-BFF---Book-1-Chapter-1