*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089389-Above-the-law
Rated: 18+ · Article · Political · #2089389
The long arm of the law can't reach you when....
Above The Law


         Have you, a friend, or a family member ever had a close encounter of the third kind with the law? Of course you have. Shoot, even my dogs have had a close shave with the dog catcher, however they got a closer one with the groomer. When you get held at tooth-point and no punishment comes down, then you can consider yourself above the law.

You can also consider yourself above the law if you rob a bank and the security guard offers to carry the bags of money to your running get-away-car and holds the door open for you.

You can consider yourself above the law if you shoot someone and the cop chasing your ass down the street catches up with you and offers to reload your gun.

You can consider yourself above the law if you ram an airplane into the Empire State Building and right before you hit killing thousands of people, both the pilot and co-pilot offer up their parachutes to keep you safe.

You can consider yourself above the law if you decide to run for President of the United States and is charged with GROSS NEGLIGENCE in handling top secret documents relating to the safety ALL AMERICANS and all the current president and the FBI can say is: "Oh she made a mistake and she is sorry and it won't happen again."

You can consider yourself above the law if you live by the rule: Money Talks—Bull Shit Walks!
© Copyright 2016 Chrys O'Shea (kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089389-Above-the-law