*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2090286-The-Knightly-Estate-Chp-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Holiday · #2090286
This is a story written for my friends at the Knightly discord, enjoy.
I peered through the rain splattered glass, the light pattering allowing me to recollect why I was in a limo being driven by a chauffeur that I hadn't hired. It was hard to imagine, that I of all people, had been invited to spend however long a time I want at the largest mansion in all of the United States. And for what? No reason, I was simply invited, nobody told me what criteria I had met, but I most certainly knew it not to be because of my education, or my job.The man at the wheel alerts me that in a minute we would be there, at the estate.

“Damned Seattle weather,” I said, “why couldn't we have had something nice for a change?”

As if in retaliation a strong gust rocks the limo, squeezing out worried looks from both me and the driver. How unlucky would that be? To be sent flying over the cliff that bordered the building’s walls and to our deaths?

“Sir?” The driver asks, “we’re here, would you like me to take your bags to the door for you?”

“No, you've done enough, thank you uh…” I trail off, the realization that I didn't even know the man’s name suddenly hitting me full force.

“It’s Richard,” said the Chauffeur.

“Well thank you Richard,” I say, reaching down towards my wallet. But he just shakes his head, and puts a gloved hand on mine.

I open the door, briefly being hit by a cold splash of rain, I draw up my coat. The sound of the trunk opening, barely audible in the storm, has me reaching down to my one suitcase. Another cold blast reminds me that now would not be the time to get pneumonia, and I quickly head up the 5 steps leading to the door. Upon reaching the top I notice how, extravagant, everything is, gold door handles, and everything you would find in a more, fantasy like castle. The door opens with surprising ease, and instead of being greeted by the clichè “nobody at home” I am instead greeted by, a maid.

“Welcome Matt-sama!” I’m Kazu-chan!” said the maid.

I’m taken aback both by the sudden outburst of cheeriness and the fact that I was looking at a wolf in sheep’s clothing. My brain does a double take and eventually I find I can utter some words.

“Uh, hi… There,” I hesitate, what if this person is a guy but identifies as a girl, how am I supposed to be politically correct in this kind of scenario? It then hits me that this individual knew my name without me disclosing it, “hey, wait a minute, how the hell do you know my name?!”

My outburst seems to frazzle the maid a bit before, she, or no, wait, he regains composure.

“That’s simple!” He, no… she said, “we’ve been expecting you!”

“Ah, ok I guess that makes sense,” I said, after all I had been invited to the estate, “so, what may I call you?”

“Just call me Kazu!” said Kazu, “oh, you have stuff, come on follow me, I’ll show you to your room.”

And without even waiting for my response, she, no… damn it, he led me towards a corridor. Left with no other choice I had to follow the maid. The corridor wound it’s way left and right, sometimes ending at an elevator that had no buttons as it only traversed between two floors, and finally after a long and nauseating trip through the monotonous hallways we finally arrived at a door, it was white, and on it, was my first and last name, along with a name that I thought only people from the video games I played would know. Across from me was a green door with the name Zephyr Smith on it.

“Welcome to your room!” said Kazu, as he handed me keys, “If you need anything just press the button on the nightstand!”

And with those departing words the maid left
© Copyright 2016 Thesilentowl (thesilentowl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2090286-The-Knightly-Estate-Chp-1