*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2090855-The-Quiz
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2090855
Three Minute Read
The Quiz

It was an IQ quiz. I found it when I was perusing the internet looking for something fun to do.

The first few questions were easy; I was beginning to think I was a lot smarter than even I thought. As my fingers swiped the screen from page to page, the questions got… not really tougher just odder. Like “How many cows would you need for a profitable dairy farm?” Why would you need to know that and how could that measure your intelligence? Of course I just guessed, just to get on with the test. I proceeded to guess the answer a lot, I would have just quit but I’d invested enough time by then that I wanted to see where it was going. Finally, at the end, the program went off to calculate my results. I waited.

I realized that it must have been a long time, it was already getting dark. I’d fooled around too long, my mother would be livid! I closed my eyes. When I opened them, I was in a narrow room. One wall almost entirely screen, and in front of me was a control panel to die for! Assuming it was a dream, I immediately started fiddling with it. The screen lit up. It was huge and it had a close-up of a kid’s face on it. Suddenly the kid’s finger jabbed at the screen, so big I jumped a mile. Music started and my hands began working the control panel, I actually seemed to know what I was doing, I was playing a game with the kid. The kid’s face changes a lot, sometime a boy, sometimes a girl. It’s really fun!

Occasionally I wonder why I still haven’t woken up yet, this is the longest dream I’ve ever had.
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2090855-The-Quiz