*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091183-Lucas-Duda-Return-is-Coming-Up
Rated: E · Assignment · Sports · #2091183
The Mets first baseman is nursing a Stress fracture in his back and awaiting his return
First things first. A Duda Return would be great, right?

Placed on the disabled list on May 23rd, Mets first baseman Lucas Duda is on the right path to making a comeback, and is making progress.

The Mets, who have been very happy with the way recently acquired James Loney has filled in for the injured Duda, can weigh their options at first, knowing Loney is defensively a huge benefit, and Lucas, who can tie the game and or put you ahead with just one swing, is there when you need him to boost the offense in this New York Mets lineup.

Duda's health will undeniably be a huge factor in his productivity for the first base spot, and from what we know about him, he can be streaky, hit great for a while and then slump and hit some low points. Duda has fielded some grounders this week but not yet faced a live pitcher, is on his way back to playing, and is expected sometime in September to rejoin the team.
© Copyright 2016 AJ Julie Murphy (ajjmurphy24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091183-Lucas-Duda-Return-is-Coming-Up