*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091511-Tourist-Time
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2091511
Flash Fiction
Tourist Time

He was a charmer alright. I was actually having fun with him. I’d picked him up at a club last night, well actually, he thought he’d picked me up. He was a local and pegged me for a tourist to the island. He’d struck up the conversation and as soon as I mentioned I was single and traveling alone, the charm just oozed out of him. Well aware that he was looking for ‘no strings attached,’ he fit my plan perfectly.

We danced till late when I begged off tired, but we made plans to meet for breakfast and a fun day together. At breakfast, he suggested renting a boat before I even got a chance to suggest anything, perfect. Assuring me that he was capable of operating one, he went to rent, while I went to change into something more suitable for boating.

Finally, out to sea, he entertained me with stories while attempting to show off his boating skills. He didn’t even blink when I asked if we could go to the island I saw on the map.

“Sure, there’s nothing there though, mostly rocks and birds, nowhere to go ashore. We can do a drive by if you want to see it.” I did.

We got within twenty feet of the rocks before I shoved him overboard. I figured, being a local, he probably knew how to swim, and somebody would be looking for him eventually, likely when he didn’t bring back the boat. Frankly, I just needed a boat for a couple days, and this was a whole lot easier, and safer, than trying to steal one myself.
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091511-Tourist-Time