*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091922-Echo
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2091922
prologue...
It had been over a century since the rise and fall of mankind , since the rise of the twelve abyss numbers.
The abyss numbers were people who abandoned their humanity for power each sacrificing something precious to them.
Of course they fooled humanity into doing their bidding and caused chaos on the planet, however even if the humans tried to stand up to the numbers their efforts were in vain and thirteen years later the abyss numbers took over the world.
The numbers were classified by humanity as the zodiacs and their leader was so named " Ophiuchus ".
In the struggle of war humans came up with the idea of transferring human minds into bodies created by the extraction of the abyss numbers DNA .
Of course, the humans were selfish and cowardly creatures and attempted to create a body , they couldn't transfer the mind of anyone important because they would be essential in future battles instead they chose a 16 year old orphan who was deemed insignificant in the eyes of the world , someone that no one would miss even if the experiment went wrong.
The days passed ominously until the day of awakening arrived, one kind professor said this to her as the transference was taking place.
" Your memories will eventually be lost and transformed into power, you will become a mere servant for the cause of an egotistical humanity. But remember this, you are incomplete and that fact can become your strength that is what I believe at least so Stella don't change the way you are no matter the circumstance....
Those were the last words she heard from a human for a long time . In the end the transference process was incomplete they were able to put her mind into the body but they were unable to activate it , all of that depended upon the child inside.
Over the years the earth became barren , a place filled with a boring emptiness and never-ending chaos and to fill the void Echoes were created , Echoes like me who fought with the remnants of humanity against the abyss.
my name was Stella and I was the first echo , born of the thirteenth abyss number .
I'm awake now and I will kill Ophiuchus.
© Copyright 2016 tia oswald (schtemwolech at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091922-Echo