*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091974-BURDEN-OF-THEFT
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #2091974
An article to encourage someone who has encountered thieves.
Today I woke with this "BURDEN OF THEFT". I don't know why, but I believe someone needs to be encouraged. Everyone, in one way or another, has been affected by this vice. Many people have suffered and still suffer because of the actions of thieves. Thieves don't stop at taking small things but reach the extent of robbing a country. My friend shared a moving story of how her laptop was stolen from the car and no one came to her rescue. No one cared enough to do anything. The society has adopted the "I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE" not knowing that this is doing us more harm than good. Because of this attitude people have continued to rob our nation and they get away with our money. Surely there is something wrong with us. This is our country, why don't we say or do anything. We pay taxes diligently and yet the availability of basic services is scarce. With theft, everything appears to come so easily and that is why many are opting for it these days. You make yourself believe that you have the respect of the community when appointed to certain positions and yet you have rigged elections, you brag with all your riches and yet you stole the money from the poor, you forge your papers in order to get high promotions but often fail to meet the demands of the job you have applied for. The country has become just for a few, the few who know how to play the game of theft, meanwhile the rest languish in poverty. This state of poverty that we experience is man-made. Much as we may try to respond to this kind of nightmare we are not given audience. We are branded fools. What we often forget is that the evil destroys both the executor and the victim. Let's take an example; Imagine you take the money meant for the refurbishment of the roads or the restocking of medicines, one day you or your relative are travelling along this badly maintained road and because of its state, you get an accident. You either die or are badly injured. You are rushed to hospital but because the hospital has no medicine, you or your relatives are unable to get treatment and you die. Of what use is that money that you have stolen to you at that point? I say again "CHANGE STARTS WITH US". If our country is to change it has to start with us. Thieves are not born they are made! Zacchaeus realized how he had robbed his country and even pledged to pay four times what he had stolen. We just have to renounce all evil in our public offices. We shall not become a first world nation by being evil. No matter how much property you have acquired in dubious ways, time will come and you will lose it all and even be worse off than when you started. The devil is a liar and no matter how appealing he may make something look, you will sink. If it is a deal it will come with so many strings attached. If you are to die and you consulted the devil he would tell you that you are going to live just so that he can get what he wants from you. He never tells the truth! He wants to destroy you. Don't abuse the powers you have. Build your life and lead with truth. Anything that lies outside the truth will die. How long will you dance to the melody of the evil one? Make a decision today to serve the truth. Give your country a gift of life, truth and hope in order to get out of this situation. Stand up against all evil practices and resist the devil until it he flees. The good news for my country is that this evil will not last forever. The evil one will sink with his followers and we shall prosper, so I am not scared anymore. Because of His love and mercy, God is giving you an opportunity to turn from your wicked ways. TURN TO THE WINNING SIDE!

© Copyright 2016 Rieladailyz (rieladailyz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091974-BURDEN-OF-THEFT