*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2092223-Journey-to-the-East-Day-2-Entry-4
Rated: E · Serial · Fantasy · #2092223
A Brief stop in Beijing, the Sleeping City.
Day 2 Entry 4:
Many people have regaled to me the tales of Beijing, but being told is different to knowing. I spent a long time searching for the sun in the morning amongst the dense clouds, it was there somewhere, for the clouds were orange with the sunrise and I doubt that they were blushing for some other unearthly reason. So yes, the sun was most definitely somewhere. But as I searched, the clouds got thicker, }till we were swallowed up never to be seen.
The story of Jonah came to mind as I sat there baffled, am I to be Jonah now? Trapped in a whale in the sky?
As I humorously contemplated the idea, the clouds were cut like a knife, in an instant my thoughts were interrupted most rudely by the sudden appearance of the ground and before I knew it we had landed, in what I can only describe as the sleeping city, where the clouds themselves have taken to rest on the ground, covering the city in its thick blanket.
My mind can only invent at what is beyond. I have seen through the windows, but I yearn to see the mysteries hidden beneath this mist. Would I find sleeping fairies to befriend or beasts that should not be disturbed.

A pity I am only here for but an hour or two. I can only watch from afar as my imagination creates rich fantasies.

I will end with a simple insight. Tea is universal, thank the heavens. Mine flows from my cup as I explore deeper in my dwindling city.

© Copyright 2016 Daniel Costa (danielcosta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2092223-Journey-to-the-East-Day-2-Entry-4