*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2092766-Where-I-Live-and--Why
Rated: E · Monologue · Personal · #2092766
A response given for aa merit badge
I live in the suburbs of Washington, DC, in the small City of Mount Rainier, MD. It is very different from DC. It is small with a country atmosphere and a big town heart—lots of tees, friendly neighbors, with a large number of residents using bikes for transportation. The City is very diverse with young and old, rich and poor, several ethnic groups, primarily mom-and-pop stores, many children, and a vast artist population.

I have lived here since 1968. I like staying here because of all the things stated above, but also because it has large single homes with big backyards and tree-lined streets. It feels like being in the country because people plant gardens, talk across the fences to their neighbors, and sometimes walk around bare feet. It feels homey, and yet you can be in downtown DC in ten minutes or to the mall in five minutes. There are four hospitals within a five-mile radius, and then there is the history of our nation (America) shining through all the different monuments. The Potomac and Anacostia Rivers provide a place to dream and remember.

Mount Rainier is the gateway to the Nation's Capital but also the entry to Prince George's County, Maryland, the place I call home. Loving every minute of it.
© Copyright 2016 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2092766-Where-I-Live-and--Why