*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093103-Should
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #2093103
The negativity of this word.
         Before I start, think about the times when you have used the word "Should" recently. Why did you use the word and in what context did you use it in? I find that the word "Should" comes up in relationship situations and many times my closest friends come to me and ask,"What should I do?", in this case they usually ask this at their most desperate moments when the relationship they are currently in has some conflicting views and perspectives about something meaningful, such as their lives, their future, or their current situation or they can also have conflicting views on small things, such as a piece of paper. I can recall many moments when I wanted to rely on someone else to solve my problems, I'd stay quiet for a few seconds weighing my options and then I'd give the vaguest, most unconfident statement that can ever leave a person's mouth,"What should I do?". Most of the time I'd get the answer that has already been formed in my head, and I'd find the advice that was given to me useless, then I'd view the adviser as someone with no knowledge and a lack of interest for my worries.

         As the seed labled "Should" is planted into the soil of the mind and is watered with lack of acknowledgment, negativity and blame arise on the leaves of the plants that grow. And as the plant withers, and the leaves fall with grace, what becomes of these leaves is self hatred and confusion. The mind would not know who to blame, whether it be himself/ herself or others, and soon after, the mind delves deep into the rotten abyss that holds words such as hate, jealousy, and anger. But, it is not impossible to escape from the rabbit hole that is harmful adjectives.


         People may not know, and even I may not know at times, that words hold such value within our lives to the point where they may control our actions and desires. And just like emotions, we cannot let the words that come out our mouths take hold of our lives. Keeping true to oneself, staying positive, and listening generously to others words will let you have an understanding of your own words. And just like negative emotions, we must accept them, accept those negative and hateful words being directed at you or those judgmental statements that come from your own. Know that whoever said the word belongs to whomever had said it, or that whatever you said came from your own mouth and you'll learn to accept that negativity will always be apart of your life and will always be present and lurking behind your back. Now, we should not view it as a "bad" thing, that these lurking words surround us. Instead, let it motivate the muse, the angel, or your inner passions that are inside.








© Copyright 2016 I wAS u (phiolozoso17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093103-Should