*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093104-Zonk
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2093104
Zonk lives out his insane life

Zonk's parents died protecting the tribe that they were born in. Zonk himself barely survived the party of genocidal adventurers, but when he resurfaced, his tribe was burned to the ground. Nothing was left. The men, the women, the children, and the livestock were all scorched carcasses laying in the reaped lands. Zonk fled, tears in his eyes, only to find himself prey for hunters. Zonk was caught in one of their traps, and when the hunters returned they stuffed the terrified goblin in the back of the wagon. When Zonk awoke, he was in an auction house, being sold to slave owners. He rode with his new master back to his manor, and worked there for five years. Over that time, Zonk grew insane. He started to refer to himself in the third person, and started to except a truth. That there was a power stronger than the gods. This power seemed to create the world around him, and then toy with Zonk, as if he were in some game. One night, Zonk finally swore vengeance on this "gamemaster" the only way he knew how. The next morning, Zonk stole his master's hunting rifle and bullets, and proceeded to kill everyone in the manor. After the manor, he killed everyone in the nearby town, and so on and so on until he was aware of a fact. His races lifespan wasn't long enough to encompass the amount of misery he needed to take vengeance on the gamemaster. He needed time. He had heard about a contest that bestowed the winner immortality, and you win by killing things. Zonk knew this was his best option. Zonk knew he would win. He had to.

© Copyright 2016 Celticbear (celticbear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093104-Zonk