*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093229-Literature-for-Peace
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kanzah
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #2093229
The way writers use their pen is the way their nation take either to rise or to fall.
Literature and peace, both these words are considered as part and parcel of each other. There is a class which assumes that studying literature brings peace to you. But the fact is, that now-a-days there is a group of writers who promote war, anxiety and frustration through the force of their pen. Their school of thought just cannot be appreciated by any normal person.

There are so many historians in this world who while trying to get fame, share one-sided propaganda and start a war inside a person. Children, when study about a particular country's wrong doings,he/she will never like that country and eventually, would start hating it. Instead of making children understand the fact that a country is made up of people. And people do wrong, their actions, their choices determine theirs and their country's fate. And sometimes, their decisions can cause hazards for so many other people.

A writer must share the truth and it should cover all the aspects. Flaws as well as positive aspects and the scenario must be told. A piece of literature must provide the information promoting peace not anxiety and depression.! An article about war must not produce frustration among its reader but it should make one resolute to resist against war. An essay about rape victims should not degrade raped ones, instead it should promote the message of respect for all. An acid burn case publication should not provoke women to hate all men, but it should instill in their minds the idea that they can produce better a offspring, who would know how to respect women.

'Literature' word, stands for peace and it should not be used as a medium to crack wars whether between two nations or two genders! Literature should spread peace and peace would then produce more literate and wise nations.

© Copyright 2016 Kanzah (kanzah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093229-Literature-for-Peace