*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2094103-Sages-Conquest
Rated: GC · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2094103
Sage is on a mission, but Reed has other plans. Tales August Round
This was the third year in a row Sage would be going to the Wayne County Fair, and she hoped that this year he’d be here again, working the rides as he had for the past five years. This year she vowed things would be different. This year she intended to be the one he chose to make out with, hoping he would show her what it meant to be a woman in every sense of the word. Yes, twenty-year-old virgins were a rarity in this neck of the woods, but tonight, if things went according to plan, that would all change for her.

She wore her favorite red sundress, the one that showcased her ample breasts and hugged every curve of her slender body lovingly. Her unruly curls would need to be out of the way, making sure to display her long neck. Sage thrust head down and gathered her red locks at the top of her head, pulling a ponytail holder from her wrist over the bulk of her hair, hoping a few strands would stay true to form and refuse to be tamed. Flipping her head back, she gazed in the mirror, admiring the stray strands of hair that hung around her ears completing the look she intended. She smiled, liking what she saw, excitement dancing in her belly as she took a deep breath, preparing herself to go after what she wanted, what she’d dreamt about for the last year.

It all started when Sage heard about the hottie named Kade at the county fair. She knew who they all spoke about in gym class upon their return to school after Labor Day, had caught him making out with three different girls in two days just last year. She knew he hadn’t noticed her, not even when she hid in the corner of the stables watching him with others. No one ever noticed her, she had spent years hiding behind her thick glasses and baggy shirts, downplaying what her mother referred to as assets. It wasn’t until recently she decided to do something about her appearance, to really make some bold changes and hoped that it transformed things in her boring life.

People noticed all right; most did a double take now when she passed by, and Sage found it all funny, as well as exciting. It wasn’t long before Sage realized that her outward transformation wasn’t the only significant change lately. Somehow, in making changes to her physical appearance, she grew stronger, found her voice and began going after things she really wanted. She no longer kept silent about how she felt, or shied away when conversations took place. Instead, she became involved, voicing her opinion and no longer concerned that what she said would be met with laughter or criticism. Tonight would be another notch towards her growing empowerment.

Sage headed to the Fair with her brother, John, and became anxious as every mile passed by. When they arrived, he’d barely put the truck in park before she had the door open, ready to jump out and get things moving.

“Whoa, Sage, you could at least let me turn the damn truck off,” John said.

Sage stood next to the truck with the door still open. “Sorry.”

He eyed her suspiciously, his brows creasing as his eyes drew together. “What are you up to?”

She hated that, hated that she was so transparent. If he even suspected what she was planning he’d drag her back home in a heartbeat. “Nothing. It’s been a long, boring summer and I just really want to have some fun.”

“Meet me back here at ten,” he said.

Sage smiled, closed the door and headed toward the fairgrounds. She figured the Ferris Wheel would be a good place to begin her search. People were everywhere, children running around, or crying impatiently waiting for their turn on a ride. Popcorn and the smell of cotton candy filled the air, making her smile and her stomach grumbled as she wound her way through people further back into the fairgrounds. Her heart pounded so hard, so loud that it drowned out the sounds of laughter and excited screams from the riders. The line for the Ferris Wheel was long so she pretended to be roaming around with no clear direction, bypassing the ride in order to make a wide circle around it to get a clear view of the controller.

There he was, leaning his hip against the control box, arms crossed, looking up at the top of the ride. Sage followed his gaze and saw her, the blonde he’d been fondling the year before. She sighed, wondering what she would need to do to avert his attention, praying that she wouldn’t come off too obvious.

“I don’t believe it,” a familiar voice said from behind her.

She spun around to see her brother’s friend, Reed, gazing down at her. “Hi, Reed. What don’t you believe now?” Sage was used to him using that line, saying it constantly whenever anyone told him something. It was like his own personal mantra.

He reached out and wound a strand of her hair around his forefinger, a slight smile on his lips. “What I don’t believe is that you got yourself all dolled up for that perv.”

Sage gasped, swatted his hand away from her hair and gave him her back. How could he know my intentions when I haven’t told a soul? “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she stated firmly, crossing her arms over her chest.

Reed pulled her into his chest and leaned down, his warm breath washing over the side of her face, making her shiver.

“I saw the way you looked at him,” he whispered.

A sudden lump rose in her throat and she swallowed hard. “How did I look at him?” That transparency thing was now becoming a problem if Reed could see it written all over her face with just one glance.

“Like eye candy. Like looking at the tree come Christmas morning.”

Sage closed her eyes, wishing she could deny it, but knowing there was no point. “I’m a big girl, no worries,” she muttered.

His hands braced her shoulders and Reed spun her around. She looked up into his face, noticed the twinkle in his dreamy, dark eyes and blushed.

“Let’s test that shall we?” he said, as his mouth lowered.

Her jaw fell just as his mouth pressed against hers, giving him complete access. The shock made it impossible for her to move. Just as the thought entered her mind to pull back, his tongue darted inside her mouth in one sweeping motion. The contact sent heat rushing through her body as her mind spun, delighting in the contact with him. Her tongue swirled around his, tasting the sweet cola, matching his every stroke. Her arms slid up his chest and wrapped around his neck as she pressed her breasts into his frame, eager to explore.

Reed broke the kiss and stared down at her. “Yep, you’re all grown up all right.” His hand made a lazy trail down her arm, his eyes locking with hers, before his free hand reached up to cup her cheek, his thumb tracing her bottom lip. “Guess I should let you get back to the perv.”

Before Sage couldn’t even speak, Reed was gone. She stood dumbfounded, replaying that intense kiss in her mind before shaking her head and trying to remember her purpose for being here in the first place. Twice Reed referred to Kade as a pervert, and she wondered if it were true, if there were something she didn’t know. Pushing thoughts of Reed out of her mind, she returned her full attention to the man she decided to pursue and found him escorting the blonde off the Ferris Wheel. Disappointment flooded in, and she knew she would have to wait. She watched as they headed off toward the stables, arm in arm.

With nothing to do but wait, Sage wandered around the fairgrounds, no direction in mind. Finally, she stopped to get a slice of pizza, realizing that her night wouldn’t turn out the way she’d planned. She paid for her food and drink, then found an empty picnic table to sit and enjoy her dinner. It wasn’t long before her thoughts drifted back to Reed and that kiss. Just thinking about it made her smile. She picked up the slice of Pizza and took a big bite, scarfing the rest of it down quickly, her hunger evident as she stared at the empty plate. Sage wiped her mouth with the napkin, tossed it on her plate and stood, grabbing her drink and heading toward the trash can. She had a good two hours before John would be ready to leave.

She considered looking for Kade again, but thoughts of Reed continued to filter in. Her brother’s friend was attractive, had a great smile and always seemed like one of the good guys. It puzzled her that he would kiss her that way. Not a friendly little peck on the cheek, but something that eluded to more. Could he seriously be interested in me? Sage headed for the parking lot. She hated rides, and since she ate and decided against a little tryst with Kade, there was nothing else for her to do now. As she drew closer to John’s truck, she noticed someone standing beside it.

Her heart pounded in her chest as she realized Reed was there, waiting. Sage slowed her pace, her mind racing as to what to say to him. He stepped out to the back of the vehicle and smiled when he saw her approaching.

“Hey,” he said, ramming his hands into his front jeans pocket.

“Hey yourself.”

“I’m sorry.”

Sage stared at him for a long moment. “Sorry? About the kiss?” she asked, hoping that wasn’t what he meant.

“Yes. Not one of my better ideas.”

“I’m not,” Sage admitted.

Reed gaped at her. “You’re not?”

She moved in front of him and smiled. “No. I should be thanking you for saving me from making a complete fool of myself.”

His eyes grew serious and he reached out to take her hand. “You could never be a fool, Sage. But if I stopped you from wasting your time on that guy, then I’m happy to have shown up when I did.”

“Why did you kiss me?” she asked, not sure of what she wanted to hear.

“Come on, Sage. It’s not a secret. Everyone knows I’ve had a thing for you for years.”

Her heart stopped, his words suddenly on a loop whipping through her mind. How did she not know this? How could she not see it all these years? “You have?”

Reed pulled her close, his arms wrapping around her body. “Yes.”

All this time she thought no one noticed her, but he did. Her heart swelled and the need to kiss him again swamped her senses. Sage went up on her toes, inching her mouth closer to his, wanting nothing more than to experience another kiss with him. She clutched the front of his shirt and fused her mouth to his. Reed kissed her hard, before he pulled back enough for his teeth to nibble on her bottom lip, coaxing her lips apart. She opened for him, letting his tongue delve into the depths of her mouth. His mouth was warm and inviting, sending a rush of heat through her body and pooling in her belly. Her tongue danced with his, swirling, tasting, exploring as desire ignited making her press her body into his warmth.

His hands slid down to her waist, holding her close. Sage moaned when he broke the electrifying kiss, his mouth moving quickly to nuzzle her neck. Her head lolled back, her body catching fire, consumed by all of the new sensations he stirred within her. She wanted more, ached to feel his hands running over her bare skin, hungered to experience everything she could, afraid he would change his mind. She threaded her fingers into the back of his hair, holding his hot mouth to her neck, delighting in the feel of his tongue licking her skin, tracing its way up to her ear. He sucked her earlobe into his mouth and she shuddered as her breathing became heavy, holding onto him for dear life.

His mouth found hers again, his tongue plunging back inside making her legs tremble. His hands cupped her bottom, keeping her upright, his hips grinding against her womanhood. Her mound throbbed, so fierce, so strong she wanted to rip her clothes off and finally know what it would be like to her merge her body with another. The kiss grew deeper, the intensity of it all making Sage match him stroke for stroke, her hands gliding down his back, exploring every curve and contour of his body.

“What the hell?” John shouted.

Reed broke the searing kiss, but held her close. Sage struggled to catch her breath, unable to look at her brother and buried her head in his chest. His musky scent assaulted her nose, the smell of him not helping to calm the aching need in her body.

“Do you mind if I take your sister home?” Reed asked, his voice not showing a hint of embarrassment.

“Sage?” John asked, his hands balled at his sides, ready to pounce.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and then looked at her brother. “I’m fine. We will see you later.”

Sage reached for Reed’s hand and pulled him away from John’s truck quickly. The last thing she wanted was to complicate her brother’s friendship with Reed. Excitement lingered as they walked in silence. She smiled, thinking this night would turn out much better than she hoped for.

WC:2305







© Copyright 2016 Purple is House Florent (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2094103-Sages-Conquest