*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2094564-The-Sin
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Other · #2094564
A tournament in hell of the seven deadly sins.
Do you ever wonder why periods in history record more crime or tragedy of a certain type more than another? Satan and comrades designed a competition for for the seven deadly sins. Every one hundred years the seven deadly sins gather together in the pit of hell for a sin tournament. Whichever sin scores the highest throughout the tournament and wins the entire event gets to be humanity's most prominent sin until the next tournament.
Last time gluttony won and we had "The Obesity Epidemic" and kids were starting kindergarten at 150 plus pounds. Adults in America were dropping like flies from deep fried heart attacks and gluten filled arteries. It was pretty ugly, but not as ugly as when lust won. Lust ended her 100 year reign with the AIDS epidemic. Before things got too terrible it was time for the world to shift into gluttony concentrated living an HIV and AIDS took a back seat. Too bad really, we may have witnessed the "death by sexually transmitted diseases" ending of the human race.
This year there are two contenders that stand out as in shape and ready for the competition. Pride has been really working out. Many humans are getting infections and suffering complications from cosmetic and plastic surgery. Women are hacking their bodies to pieces and even the men are beginning to follow suit. Speaking of men, they are an easy target when it cmes to pride. What happened to any humility from the human race?
Greed is weighing in as a heavy weight in this years championship. The wars in Iraq are being caused by greedy men in charge of ruling a couple of countries and trying to take over the world's fuel consumption. Everyone always has to be in control.
© Copyright 2016 Writers for Recovery (chrislm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2094564-The-Sin