*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2094926-Double-Outbreak-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Death · #2094926
The prologue of a story where there are two epidemic apocalypses.
Double Outbreak









Prologue:
The doctor took in a deep, sharp breath. He knew he was demented, and he didn't want his disease to worsen any further. All he had was a knife to chop himself to death, but he had spent so many hours working on the cure, he had slaughtered so many patients who had barely a symptom of this horrible disease, and it was all to kill himself.
         He had already written a suicide note-
If youâre reading this, it is too late, I am already dead, and my research is in ruins. Also, if the Alzheimer's-26, or Internia, as most people call it, is still killing people left and right, then get to a colder, drier, and higher ground. My research failed miserably, but I did find out that this strain of Influenza hates those climates, and will perish if all three of them are present. On that note, I would like to say one final goodbye to the world,
-Dr. Evan Kane
He drew the knife up to his head, he thought about not killing himself one more time, but he had nothing left, and he was going insane, so he had to.
Then he heard something that would change his fate completely. Someone, or something, was knocking at the door. He tucked the knife into his pocket and got up and pulled the door open. He was shocked.
The guy on his doorstep looked like a doctor.
He had a tall and skinny frame, and wore a protective suit way to big for him. Covering his face was a sheet of blue-tinted plastic. In his hand was a syringe containing a thick green liquid. He was very weary and worn out, and his hair was already gray, even though he must have been in his thirties. This was the face of a man who had to struggle each day to stay alive.
This meant one of two things, he was hallucinating and his disease has progressed more than he thought, or there were doctors to help him out.
âHello, I believe I can help you.â Said the heavily accented voice.
A few hours later, the two were sitting in the kitchen, discussing the cure to the 26th Strain.
âBacon?â Asked the doctor, still wearing the protective suit.
Dr. Kane graciously accepted, shoveling long, skinny pieces of bacon into his mouth.
For whatever reason, Dr. Kane was surprisingly tired.
âIâm gonna go take a nap.â
And then it hit him. He had been drugged. Before he could pass out, he ran for the door, but his legs gave out. His eyes fluttering, he managed to say âWhat did you putâ¦
In that bacon.â His eyes drooped down and he was out cold.
âI put a certain sleeping medication in the bacon. The doctor grinned. But at least you got what you wanted. The cure.

© Copyright 2016 LittleLambie (ugly_barnacle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2094926-Double-Outbreak-Prologue