*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2095744-Harvey-battles-health-woes
Rated: E · Assignment · Sports · #2095744
The Mets Ace hopes to make successful comeback in 2017
Mets Starter Matt Harvey, who has been phenomenal upon his return to baseball activity in 2015, is sidelined once again this season. Fresh off of Tommy John Surgery, a 2015 Harvey turned heads and wowed with a solid season, thirteen wins, eight losses, and a 2.71 ERA. That's great, because the return from that surgery will truly test a pitcher.

2016 brought about a less fortunate situation for the righthander. Harvey underwent season ending surgery, after learning of his diagnosis of Thoraic Outlet Syndrome. He will miss the entire season.

The Mets have always been very cautious with the superstar, who has voiced his desire to pitch in the playoffs last year. He pitched well.

The Mets clearly will be wanting a healthier and very consistent Matt on the mound when he does return. You can expect the Mets to proceed with extreme supervision on his progress. However, their rotation took a heavy blow on the health of fellow pitcher Lefthander Steven Matz (Bone Spur, Elbow).
He is also done for the year.

The Mets have proved that they are no weak team, that they are seriously pushing through these setbacks to give their fans a great season.

© Copyright 2016 Rhonda Carly Schmidt (rcschmidt24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2095744-Harvey-battles-health-woes