*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2096242-Scholarship-Personal-Statement
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #2096242
Need help tweaking Personal Statement for a scholarship. Please be brutal.

Growing up, my family and I have struggled financially. My brother and I are twins and my mother is a single parent. With this scholarship, I hope to achieve a chance at getting a college education to not only help me advance in life, but also to be one of the first in my family to get a college degree.


As a child, I struggled to learn to read during my 1st and 2nd grade years when I finally discovered Dr. Seuss. Fast forward to my senior year and I have an insatiable love of classic literature. English has been the most stable and constant thing in my life. I have never felt more content than when I am studying and reading literature.


Reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee helped inspire my love for classic literature. Her ability to place you in the story opened my eyes with the content it produced and inspired a lot of my writing.


Leonardo DaVinci received no formal education beyond basic reading, writing and arithmetic, yet he achieved many great things in his life. Leonardo is a great inspiration to me and I believe that by furthering my education I can also aspire to do great things.



© Copyright 2016 RavenCrow (scholarships at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2096242-Scholarship-Personal-Statement