*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2096463-I-never-stood-a-chance-did-I
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Emotional · #2096463
Two characters find themselves at a crossroad
"I never a stood a chance, did I?"

"That's the sad part - you did once", he said, with an incredulous shaking of his head.

"You were my everything. You were my light, my safe haven, my soul. God! Rebecca, you were a part of me!" David closed his eyes and exhaled. Enough of this, he thought. She cheated on me and I have to justify my decisions now?!

"You were never there David! You were always too busy for us, for me. What did you think would happen?"

David looked up and attempted a smile. If only she knew...

"Becca, I may not have been there for you, I accept that. I wasn't there because I was busy building a future for us. I was busy trying to make us happy."

"I don't let just anyone in Becca. I don't make friends easily or find it easy to let my guard down. I did with you. I let you in. I told you things no one else knows. I told you my secrets, my fears, my worries and my hopes. I let you in and you completely destroyed me..."

"Look, you hurt me Rebecca, you took my heart and you trod on it. It's over. You chose him over me and I can't accept that. I'm sorry."

"Please David. Please. Don't do this. I'm sorry. I was angry at you. I wanted to hurt you but I didn't want to lose you!"

"Hurt me? Bloody hell Rebecca, do you know what damage you have caused?"

"You need to go." David said, as he turns away.

"Please! No! David, I love you. I love you so much. You have no idea what you mean to me."

"Love me? No, Rebecca, I LOVED you. If only you knew."

Turning around for one final look, David whispered to himself, "You always stood a chance Becca. You were my only chance."
© Copyright 2016 Saleenah (saleenah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2096463-I-never-stood-a-chance-did-I