*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2096786-The-Annoyance
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2096786
Who really drops off the morning paper? Daily Flash Fiction 9/18/16

Honorable Mention
"Daily Flash Fiction Challenge"   by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon
Prompt: Newspaper, truck, lock


Looking out the window I sighed heavily, the annoyance shooting through me like a clap of thunder. I shook my head, wondering how many times I would need to call about this constant irritation. You’d think by now the local newspaper would stop tossing free copies behind my truck. It made no sense to me, especially in these times of the internet, where it’s easy to get information in a few short clicks.

This free paper has been showing up for two months straight now like clockwork. I understood the desperation of the company to be able to sell their paper, but if I’ve called several times and told them specifically that I wasn’t interested, you’d think they’d stop wasting their money on me. Ready to get creative early this morning, I waited by the front door, watching for the delivery guy through the peephole.

One hour I stood there, ready to pounce and confront them, but no one slowed down to leave a newspaper on my property. Puzzled, I went outside to make sure I hadn’t missed it. No paper. I unlocked my truck, pretending to be looking for something and noticed my neighbor had a paper sitting on their driveway. Could they be the culprit?

I hit the lock button and went back inside, and to the peephole. Sure enough, ten minutes later my neighbor tossed their newspaper onto my driveway before leaving for work. Instead of confronting them, inspiration hit on how to address this issue. I went into my garage and gathered up the ten neatly rolled newspapers I’d collected and placed one into every shrub around my neighbor’s house.

That ought to teach them, at least I hoped it would. I’d find out soon enough.
WC:290
© Copyright 2016 Purple is House Florent (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2096786-The-Annoyance