*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097164-A-Lock-To-End-This-Lifeforce
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Occult · #2097164
A feeling of past life memories
The Lock to End This Lifeforce
My bloodline is stronge, back to Salem and before...
Been burned at the stake...
Stoned to death and tortured for my witchy beliefs...
Healing...conjuring...scrying...
No denying, multiple abilities...
Modern day inquisitions that end up in straight jackets...
Being reincarnated to a new and improved body, time after time.
Takes such a toll on my soul and my mind.
Trying to cope with these gifts, without loosing my sanity, going thru these lives not knowing who to trust.

One lifetime, a millennium ago, there was a battered cabin, in the overgrown woods.
People wouldn't come near if they were alone.
The brave ones who dared to tread down my path, always came for the same evil reasons.

To take out a cheating lover...
Revenge against a political rival...
Father's seeking vengeance for their pregnant daughters...
Some requesting demons to drive their foes to insanity...

These brave few are scared; I can smell their fright; it smells metallic...
But their hateful determination and bloodlustful passion, overcomes the fear...
So, gathering my herbs, potions, and tools...my dagger, I take her back to the most secluded room...

As I draw the pentagram on my dirt floor, my visitor sucks in her breath and shivers violently, as I look in her terrified eyes.
She doesn't understand, it hasn't even begun yet...

Doesn't realize she's been deceived, sent to her own imminent demise.
She was tricked into this deed by a spiteful enemy...the lass who sent her just wants her betrothed lover.

As I finish the steps to finalize her death...I snip off a lock of her long blonde hair... the candles are lit, and the chant begins...

"Here is the lock to end this lifeforce, let her soul wither and blow away, like ashes in the wind."

I blow out the candles....this poor maiden crumbles to my dirt floor, her blonde hair has turned a ghostly, pale white...
As I watch her, I see her spirit rise and scatter to ashes...

I feel it in my cursed bones, that this is my last...
When my deed becomes known, I too shall burn...
On to the next life, that will end somehow the same, such a shame.
© Copyright 2016 Sasha Renee (gypsy_orchid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097164-A-Lock-To-End-This-Lifeforce