*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097799-The-Moonlights-Prisoner
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2097799
A mystery sleeps within its cave, never to be discovered...
The moonlight glistened upon the water, endlessly flowing out to the infinite horizon. The stars shone above, high beyond reach of the water. The water lie still below in the abyss, untouchable by the air. Deep down in the farthest depths, the beast stirred... It had awoken, disturbed by the light creeping into it's shallow cave. It stretched one large, scaly claw out into the shimmering beam of twilight. It retreated slowly, it's dark flesh scorched by the light. A low rumble escaped it's jaw, enraged at the light for hurting it. It grew hostile, but it knew there was no way to fight it, so it dropped it's head down, sending a ripple of sand out from it's chin. It lie there, forever to be, no one to know it's existence, and for the light to keep it's prisoner...
© Copyright 2016 Bugaloo (bugaloo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097799-The-Moonlights-Prisoner