*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097803-Soaring-Journey
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2097803
A magical moment, suspended in the sky.
The wind flew through my hair as I soared through the clouds, appreciating the majesty of the sky. I closed my eyes, feeling my body cut through the air and let the currents carry me onward. My elegant feathers fluttered by and the sun started to set beside me. I took a deep breath and continued to flap my wings freely through the parted pathways in the clouds. The setting sun cast an array of colors onto the sky, transforming the already magnificent clouds into pink and red roses of blossoming petals surrounding and embracing my soul. I looked up, opening my eyes and floating across the garden of pure magical essence. The sky was a masterpiece, and I had absorbed every ounce of nature's art with my eyes, reflecting on life. The beauty had caused sparkling crystals of salty water to drift down my cheek and fall infinitely. I took a deep breath, as if I could bring some of the serenity within me and become a part of the beautiful display. And as the inevitable exhale came forth, I released my final expression, my compliment, my addition to the sky, and said: "I am finally free."
© Copyright 2016 Bugaloo (bugaloo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097803-Soaring-Journey