*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097914-Pyramias-and-Purity-Part-2
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #2097914
A look into the mysterious past of a girl who became one with the element of water...
She looked up at the glorious moon and thought about the pretty sky that twinkled above her. She pondered a little while longer, as she had been doing for most of her life. She wondered why she felt so alone even as she was surrounded by the ripples and waves that proved to be her best friends. She always felt like there was another part of her that went missing some long time ago... She never felt that way as a child, but of course she didn't remember anything of her childhood except for a few sudden moments that came to her at random. She continued to drift on the water, unaware, as claws as cold as steel reached out and pulled her under the water. Her body plunged into crashing tides she was floating on mere seconds ago. She didn't panic at first, she had the ability to breathe under water and even become water if needed, but for some odd reason her powers had escaped her and she was a helpless victim to the increasingly deep depths below, pulling her ever deeper into the black abyss of salty screams. Her eyes closed, her last vision being the bubbles containing her innocent breath drifting up to the surface...

With a gasp, she opened her eyes in shock and her body moved instinctively with panic and confusion. Her heart started to race. Her breath shorter, she lifted her hands to hear head, holding her skull tight as if she were holding her sanity together. But there was no need for her to be alarmed, she wasn't drowning. She was sitting on the grass, a few steps away from the river's shore. She was relieved yet confused; her whole life had been in that water... Hadn't it? She glanced around at the land she was sitting on, the only clue of what may have just happened lied peacefully in front of her. A fire. A dazzling, dancing fire, only a tad larger than her hand, had been slightly illuminating the earth in front of her. The fire's last trickle of light gave her a glimpse of a shadowy figure disappearing into the surrounding woods before the flames died out and disappeared.
© Copyright 2016 Bugaloo (bugaloo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097914-Pyramias-and-Purity-Part-2