*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/209798-Murder
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #209798
A group of teens witness a murder, and now they're dying ... one at a time!

Murder


“Come on guys. They went this way.”
“I’m not sure if this is such a good idea Melissa.” Karen wearily said.
“I’d agree with her. What if we get caught?” Sita agreed, not trying to complain.
Melissa stopped.
“Well, I suppose you three want to chicken out as well?” she said annoyed. Jennifer, Cheiona, and Sandy all looked at each other. But none of them said a word.
“All right then. Let’s keep going.”
After about five minutes of walking, Melissa stopped. The others ran into her.
“Sssh.” Melissa hissed. She pointed to a clearing on the other side of the trees. There, the two people they followed, were standing. They seemed to be having an argument. Suddenly the man pulled out a gun. He shot the woman he was with. The girls screamed. They quickly quieted down. But it was too late. He already saw them. The six girls started running. The man chased them. As they were running, it started to rain. By the time they reached Sita’s car it was pouring. They all hurried into the car. Once they were inside the car, they looked back at the woods. Nothing. A bolt of lightning shot through the sky lighting the area up. It darkened again, nothing. Another bolt streaked through the sky, from the light of the bolt, they saw the man right next to the window. He was trying to open the locked door. The girls screamed as Sita was fumbling around with the keys trying to start the ignition. Once she got the car started, she slammed the gas pedal and sped away.
By the time they got to Karen’s house, none of them wanted to go home. So they each called their house and said they were staying at Karen’s. The girls stayed up all night. They were afraid that if they went to sleep, he would get them.
“Hey! I have an idea! Let’s tell ghost stories!” Melissa said.
“Melissa!” They all groaned as they threw their pillows at her.
“Hey!” Melissa yelled. “Pillow fight!” After they had settled down, they had girl talk. Next thing they knew, the sun was rising over the horizon. None of them wanted to leave. They had the most fun they have had in long time. But, they all knew they had too.
That night, Sita was home alone, her parents had left to a convention. She decided to watch some horror flicks. Rrring, rring! Sita jumped a mile. She realized it was the phone and laughed at herself.
“Hello?” Sita asked. A mysterious voice answered.
“What’s your favorite… scary movie?”
“Huh?” The person on the other line started laughing.
“Melissa? Is that you? What are you trying to do? Scare me?”
“Yeah! And, I must say, it worked pretty well.” Melissa was still laughing hysterically.
“Ha, ha, ha. Very funny.” Sita said sarcastically.
“I just figured that you needed to loosen up a little.” Melissa said trying to sound casual.
“You mean you needed to loosen up?”
“You, me. Whatever.” She said with a laugh.
“Hey. Meet me at the abandoned house on top of Pine Rd tomorrow afternoon. I need to talk to you. I’ll call the others. OK?”
“Umm… OK. But why does it have to be at the abandoned house? Why not just your house?” Sita asked nervously.
“What are you? Chicken?” Melissa was on the other line making chicken noises at her.
“No.” Sita said defensively. “I am most certainly not chicken.”
After they chatted she hung up.
The next day Sita did her chores and left for the abandoned house. She took her bike out of the garage and started pedaling down her road. As she turned the corner to Pine Rd, she got sudden chills going up her back. She just shrugged them off and continued on her way. When she arrived at the house she saw Karen’s bike, but no others. She parked her bike next to Karen’s and went inside. When inside, she searched the entire house finding no one. Then she came to a large room that could have been a ballroom. She went to the middle of the room and collapsed sitting crossed legged. A couple seconds later something warm started to drip on her. She looked up and screamed.
There, she saw the freshly killed bodies of Karen and Melissa. Blood dripping from their severed limbs. She got up and ran as fast as she could out of the house to get help. When she arrived back at the house with the police, she saw the rest of the bikes there.
“Oh no!” Sita gasped. She ran into the house.
When she arrived at the room she looked up, and sure enough, the rest of her friends were there too. She sank to the floor crying. An officer came into the room. When he saw the bodies he went completely pale. They searched the house for the murderer. Unfortunately they didn’t find them. So the officers decided to search the outside.
Once the officers left the room, the door slammed shut. Sita became worried. Crash! She turned and looked towards the crash. There she saw that a lamp had fallen. Then, a figure stepped out of the shadows. They were dressed completely dressed in black, with a ski mask. All she could see was their eyes. Their eyes were filled with hatred, fear, resentment, and revenge. The attacker lunged at her. Sita dodge the knife and scrambled for the exit. It was locked.
Sita started to worry. She had no idea what she could do. ‘Well, I could scream’ Sita thought. She had wasted too much time thinking and the person lunged at her once again. She tried to dodge the knife, but it was to late. It drove into her shoulder. She yelped with pain. Not thinking clearly she grabbed the ski mask revealing the attacker. It was Melissa. Sita was shocked. She started to stutter.
“Melissa! But… but… I thought you were…”
“Dead?’ Melissa asked with a mischievous grin. “Well, that’s what you get for thinking, now isn’t it?”
“But… the…”
“The body? It’s amazing what you can do with an old dummy you find in an attic.”
“But why?”
“Well, I just couldn’t allow you to tell on my cousin, now could I? After all, I was the one who told him to kill her. Why do you think I decided to follow them? I had to make sure that he did the job like he was suppose to. Now enough talking, and more killing.” With that Melissa once again lunged for her. Out of instinct Sita kicked the knife out of her hand. It landed on the floor only a few feet away. Shocked, Melissa stumbled backward trying to regain her balance.
Sita took the opportunity to attack. She grabbed the knife and ran towards Melissa. But by then, she had already regained balance and was ready to attack. Sita aimed the knife for Melissa’s heart, but Melissa grabbed Sita’s wrists and squeezed. The knife fell clattering to the floor. Sita struggled with Melissa. But she was too strong. Out of fear, Sita shoved Melissa. Next thing Sita heard was the sound of a window shattering and Melissa’s scream ripping through the silence mixed with her terrified screams. Sita tasted blood. She put her figure to her mouth. When she pulled it away, she saw blood. ‘A piece of glass must of hit me’ She though as she stood up. She lost her balance and fell down again. After a moment, she got back up and reluctantly went to the window. She looked down as if to see if Melissa was still alive. She peered over the edge of the window outlined with shards of glass. When she looked down on the ground and nearly passed out. There, was Melissa’s body bent in impossible directions. Her skull was split open with blood leaking from her head.
Sita ran to the door and kicked it open. She didn’t believe that she could do such a thing. She just couldn’t. Could she? When Sita arrived where the body was sprawled out, the officers were already there. She stepped closer to see if it was really as bad as she thought, but she was afraid. When she finally looked, she saw it was worse. Her, once blonde, hair was now matted to her head with blood. Her face was already turning a pale color with a blue tint. An ambulance arrived to take her to the hospital.
The incident was all over the news. When she arrived home, her parents were happy to see she was all right. She was so exhausted, she just went to bed. While she was sleeping, Melissa was in her dreams. The incident played over only worse. In Sita’s dream, it turned out Melissa was still alive, and came after her. She woke up soaked in sweat. She went down to the kitchen to get a drink. When she arrived in the kitchen, she saw that the door was unlocked. She went to lock it. As she was walking to the refrigerator, she saw something on the table. As she approached the table, she saw it was a note. She read it in horror. There, written in blood, were the words: YOU WILL DIE! A chill ran up her spine. She quickly threw the note in the garbage, and went upstairs without the drink. She couldn’t sleep. She still heard the agonizing screams of Melissa, being carried through the wind. A scratching noise had begun on her window. She covered her head, hoping the noise would go away, and whatever it was wouldn’t get her. With that thought, she fell asleep and the nightmares went away. For good. Or so she thought.


Watch for the sequel to this spin tingling tale...

The Return

© Copyright 2001 Wiccan Flame (blackflame at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/209798-Murder