*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2098021-Pyramias-and-PurityPart-3
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #2098021
A look into the mysterious past of a girl who became one with the element of fire...
She stepped forward, gazing out at the burnt rubble and ash staring up at her. She sifted through the soot that mocked her even while welcoming her. She reached further and managed to dig up the only thing to survive... A family photo... The broken glass frame was stained black from the smoky ruins. She held it in her hands and stared at the family, happy and united... She knew her dreams were only a fantasy and clinging onto the photo would only depress her ever more so. She gently tossed back the picture and let the house's ashes reclaim it.

She hovered into the air, igniting her body as she arose further into the sky. She was a firefly in the night and soared above the trees, through the forest, and to a river. She seen ripples and bubbles spurting frantically on the surface and quickly sparked herself above the wide waters with unmatched speed. She stepped onto the grassy shore, causing the fragile, green blades to light beneath her toes. Knowing that she would be extinguished by the waters if she remained in this fiery form, she dimmed her flesh to a normal human body. She dove into the river, troubling memories flooding into her head. She rescued the poor soul and brought her onto shore. She only took a glance at her face as she began to leave, making sure she was still alive. It was her... The girl on the family photo... She had no idea what she was afraid of, but fear struck her heart at that moment and she rushed to flee into the woods, leaving only the dwindling embers by the shore...
© Copyright 2016 Bugaloo (bugaloo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2098021-Pyramias-and-PurityPart-3