*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2098050-NaNo-Prep-Day-1----IdeaPremise-Bonus
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Outline · Fantasy · #2098050
October 1st of NaNo prep. Idea/Premise
Identify the following:
(1) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?

1. Hope, a unique individual in a world with magic. Has the powers of an ancient soul that has been attached to her since she was a small child. Is around 22 years old and has lived peacefully in a small town with both parents for the past 5 years. Grew up in a different secluded town. Has golden curls and blue eyes.

(2) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)?

2. Impatient. Doesn't like waiting for things to happen. Also doesn't like crowds of people. Sometimes uses magic when she shouldn't. Doesn't seek adventure, so appears a bit lazy at times.

(3) Goal(s). What does the protagonist want?

3. Peace, for without conflict there is no reason for travel or fighting. With peace she is able to live a comfortably boring life without threats of danger.

(4) Conflict. What is keeping them from their goal?

4. Voice of the ancient attached to her whispering that a storm is brewing and conflict is about to happen. She's got to leave her town and try to stop the conflict that is going to happen.

(5) Antagonist(s). Who(what) is creating the conflict?

5. Slightly unknown. Warrior types (Charion) without wizard magic that seek to destroy the wizards (Phoenix and Sade). The antagonists are called "Renegades" and are thought to be disbanded and non-existent at the start of the book. The main antagonist and leader of this group will be a dead warrior from the past named Corbin, and others will attempt to rise him from his grave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bonus: Theme

Even a Utopian world has it's problems and conflicts of people who view the world differently or have different ideas. Someone will always want what another has, even if it's of no use to them. The trick is resolving the conflict without the "conform or die" attitude. I'd like to see some of the antagonists be convinced to take a different path or see things differently without destruction or death (although it's bound to happen).


© Copyright 2016 Dawn J. Stevens (dawn99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2098050-NaNo-Prep-Day-1----IdeaPremise-Bonus