*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2098245-The-Trinket
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2098245
Daily Flash 10/2/16
"Daily Flash Fiction Challenge"   by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon Prompt: eyes, trunk, house

Nothing was worse than seeing Kaci’s bloodshot eyes filled with tears as she sat with her back against the tree trunk. She always ran to this spot to cry, as if somehow that tree provided comfort and supported her through a tough time. I watched her from my bedroom window, trying to figure out how to make amends when I was the one who sent her crying from to begin with.

I sighed and headed outside, trying to figure out what to do. Well, there was one thing I could do, but I didn’t want to do that.

“Kaci,” I said kneeling in front of her. She wiped her tears with the back of her hands and turned away. My sister was stubborn all right. “I hate it when you ignore me.”

I knew what she wanted from me, saw that sparkle in her brown eyes when she saw the trinket in my hand. I loved collecting anything purple, and this little angel was beautiful. I’d created the purple monster in Kaci, so I couldn’t blame her for being upset at not having a new collectable in our favorite color to add to her collection.

“Okay. How about you hang onto to her for me? And when we get enough allowance, you and me will go shopping so you can get your very own special purple angel to add to your collection.

Kaci squealed, jumped up and hugged me tight. “Thank you! I saw more chores on the board. I’m going to get started on them right now,” she said, plucking the angel from my hand before heading into the house.

My sister had the right idea. I followed her inside knowing the sooner we had they money to buy her a new trinket, the sooner I’d get mine back.

WC:300

© Copyright 2016 Purple is House Florent (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2098245-The-Trinket