*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2098277-Samsung-Corporation
Rated: E · Article · Business · #2098277
Samsung Corporation may be missing leadership styles.
         
Surname          3

Samsung Corporation

Leadership is less about the necessities of an individual and more about the necessities of an organization. It is necessary to adjust leadership styles to specific demands, needs of individuals involved, and the challenges facing the business. Leaders in Samsung Corporation may be missing leadership styles like being democratic, autocratic and affiliative. It means that their decision-making process does not incorporate the ideas of other team members. Teamwork is also not encouraged within the workforce. Through training and communication, leaders in this context can observe the blind spots in productive ways.
To assist the leaders address these blind spots, it is necessary to have superior coaching and communication skills. After a comprehensive assessment, observation and interaction with Samsung Corporation executive members, there are four perceptions about the things identified. The leaders are clueless about the current market trends and are not aware of what truly motivates their team. Additionally, they cannot only define the company's goals, but have also failed to provide feedback on the progress (Beebe, Timothy and David 15).
Leaders are clueless about the current market trends: without having an idea about the current market trends, Samsung Corporation leaders will not predict future sales, activities and alterations that can affect their business. To have an idea about the current market trends, leaders should undergo frequent training, especially after every three months.
Leaders do not understand what motivates their team: leaders in the organization believe that a financial reward is the only motivational factor. However, there are other motivational factors like flexible working, praise or a sense of comradeship. Training of leaders to understand what truly motivates every individual within the workplace is also necessary (Beebe, Timothy and David 37).
Leaders cannot define the company's goals: majority of the leaders in the company have failed to define the firm's objectives thereby resulting into a slow progress in its operations. To ensure that leaders in Samsung Corporation define the company's goals, they must be trained to have a well-defined vision of what they need to accomplish and how.
Leaders have failed to provide feedback: organizations depend on feedback from the executives to measure their performance. For leaders of the company to have the spirit of providing feedback, they should undergo leadership development, executive coaching and be exposed to a 360-degree feedback process.










Work Cited

Beebe, Steven A., Timothy P. Mottet, and K. David Roach.Training and development: Communicating for success.Pearson, 2013.








© Copyright 2016 Bluemagic (geniousblacke at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2098277-Samsung-Corporation