*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2099165-That-day-my-grandmother-died
by GREKy
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2099165
When I was going home with my friend, I've seen someone on the playground...

That one day is going to be a stain on my memory until I die. Around 11 years passed already, but still with a crystal quality I can recall events of the 14th November 2014...

My best friend Eric and I were loudly discussing the party we just left, while walking through the backroads of the Vaskylia Estate. At some point I stopped to check on my phone. Eric hadn't noticed that and he kept moving. Suddenly, I dropped it and knelt to pick the mobile up. Then I noticed something on my left.

Despite the late hour, there was a woman on the playground sitting motionless on the last swing. She was clearly alone. Unconsciously, I turned camera on and placed its flash in her direction. The light I had wasn't enough to inspect her appearance correctly from that distance. I was sure of one thing, though. She was older than me.

Probably I was waiting for her to react, but she seemed to ignore me and still haven't moved a single muscle since I have noticed her. Also, even her curly blonde hair wasn't being moved by the wind, which kept nearly constantly blowing.

I stood frozen until I heard Eric's voice calling me. I told him to look at the woman. At first, he didn't believe me, most likely thinking that I was playing a trick on him. Once he got closer, he saw her too and freaked out even more than me.

For some strange reason, I wanted to come closer to that woman. I was alone, I would have done that and who knows, how it could end. Luckily, Eric was with me. He grabbed my hand and forced me to run away.

After a sleepless night, I decided to tell my mother about what happened. When I finished describing that woman from the playground, she went to the attic and came back with an old photo. The woman on it looked nearly the same as that one I saw. Then, I was told that it was my deceased grandmother and the day before was the 20th anniversary of her death. I was speechless...

© Copyright 2016 GREKy (greky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2099165-That-day-my-grandmother-died