*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2099521-Be-yourself
by Nini
Rated: E · Article · Family · #2099521
Just read this...
As the music ended, it was my last performance with my friends and the class was over since we are finally graduating. Refreshing my memories, I can recall the time that I wanted to quit, and get away from this class.
“Mom, I don’t want to dance any more.” I said as I ran into the car after another terrible dancing class. “Whats up? What happened?” Mom said as she turned to me and gave me a big hug. I looked at her and thought: “ What should I say, I don’t want to disappoint her.”
After a while I said with a smile: “ Nothing its just the teacher making fun of the way I dance, it’s not a big deal.” But as I went on speaking, my tears fall down without control and so was my feelings were trembly hurt. I told my mom how I felt when the teacher laughed at me and said the way I dance was like a crab without water. I can still gets mad when ever I think about it. Everyone was laughing so hard as if they saw the funniest thing in the whole world.
At that moment, I could even remember clearly what it felt like: my face was as red as an apple, my hair was messy and everything was just not right. I felt like this was the longest five minutes in my life. I kelt on doing the same movement, and when ever I did it, everyone laughed. My heart beat so fast that I couldn’t even breathe.
Finally it was over, but I could still feel the 48 pairs of eyes on me as I lowered my head, and bent my knees. This was the first time in my life that I really wanted to give up on dancing.
Looking once more to my classroom, to the spot that I spent my 3 years, and to the students that laughed at me — I turned around confidently, and say to myself: “ I will never give others such a chance to hurt me anymore, I will be myself no matter what happens.
© Copyright 2016 Nini (ninali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2099521-Be-yourself