*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2099652-THE-DEVIL-AND-ME-part-3
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #2099652
part 3/4 of the story of depression
I heard the tick tock of the clock across the room, 2:15 it said. In the empty chair next to me was him, he just smiled and kept looking in my direction. “how's that career...?” I applied for a apprenticeship about 2 weeks ago...”still waiting...” he laughs he knows its along shot. “what if you don't get it, what's the plan?” I took a deep breathe and looked around the room. In this single guys apartment working at a low end warehouse job, what is the other plan? “try the next idea...” I say with such hopeful praise but deep down I knew there really wasn't a plan B it was this or work from dead end job to dead end job. He shook his head in disgust he knew I was full of bullshit. “you are my favorite....” he shot down next to my side...”you just won't give up!” and then he vanished.

It was getting close to sunrise I kept drinking tho. Who cares what I am doing, right? I looked over out the window I saw the mailman was it that late already? He dropped letters into my mailbox maybe this was the break I wanted. I ran down and opened the box and saw three letters...one from the electric company, I owed my usual 27 dollars. Another from a cable company, come on join us! Whatever....finally one from the apprenticeship that I have applied for. Obviously I immediately rip it open to read my acceptance letter, only to read that I wasn't accepted! I dropped the letter onto the floor. This isn't happening, this isn't real! I started to walk towards my bedroom and their he was waiting for me....
© Copyright 2016 josh camp (shucampbell21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2099652-THE-DEVIL-AND-ME-part-3