*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2099770-Romantic-Surprise
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2099770
A man surprises the woman he loves with several displays of affection in her home.
Written for "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge for 10/16/16 prompt: Write a story using the words Rumor, Window, and Left.

Word Count: 224

Rick crawls in through the unsecured window. He should really tell Evie about that window, but for tonight, it suits his purposes. It's their anniversary and he's planned several surprises. He unzips his bags and begins pulling out items--massage oils, a lacy teddy with not much left to the imagination, several candles, flowers, and an assortment of other things to make for a memorable evening.

Rick plucks the petals from the flowers and sprinkles them around the bedroom as he plays their song over and over in the background. Listening to it brings him such joy and he knows it does her too. He smiles to himself. He's really pulled out all the stops this time.

The wine sits in an ice bath on the table as the plates of warmed pasta sit in the oven. He will feed her as she bathes; a romantic twist, he thinks to himself. He goes to run a bubble bath for her as she'll be home soon. With candles lit throughout the house, he smiles, pleased at his efforts. He only hopes she doesn't think he's too forward or moving too fast. He's been accused of that before. But this time it's different. This is a special occasion. After all, they are celebrating their one week anniversary. Rumor is she's a sucker for romance. He hopes it's true.
© Copyright 2016 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2099770-Romantic-Surprise